A home north of Lancaster

(9 Posts)
DontMumble Thu 28-Sep-17 17:23:06

Hi
We're thinking of moving to be on or near the coast just north of Lancaster. Can anybody help us out by telling us the places to avoid (if there are any) and the best places to look?
Thanks
Mel

newtlover Thu 28-Sep-17 19:02:46

how far north? Arnside and Silverdale both lovely, also the Yealands.

Lancasterlass Fri 29-Sep-17 12:04:25

And what are your other constraints - job, DCs, schools, etc?

manglethedangle Fri 29-Sep-17 12:44:13

Avoid Morcambe and Heysham (Heysham is a tiny bit south of Lancaster).

As PP says, Silverdale and Arnside are lovely, as is Grange over Sands and Ulverston and Millom. Avoid Barrow, and personally I wouldn't go as far as Whitehaven, can get a little 'odd' though there are some beautiful villages up there.

But yes, some parameters would be good! Schools, work, house prices!

Kazzyhoward Fri 29-Sep-17 13:12:05

Bolton le Sands is very nice, a good primary school, GP surgery, 3 restaurants, pubs, shops, easy access to the coastal walks and a lovely canal running straight through the village. Now just 5 minutes from the M6 for easy access elsewhere. Also, some excellent schools in Lancaster which is an easy commute by regular bus service.

LegoShmego Sat 30-Sep-17 14:00:55

Carnforth is nice

GoofyIsACow Wed 25-Oct-17 14:16:49

I agree, Bolton le Sands, Silverdale and Arnside are lovely, BLS is the most accessible of all of those. Plus the restaurants are divine!

fourcorneredcircle Thu 02-Nov-17 22:47:33

As I’ve said on other threads don’t completely discount all of Morecambe and Heysham. Heysham village is lovely and most of Morecambe is fine - I’d avoid the west end and town centre but the rest is pretty generic suburbia only with added beach and significantly lower house prices than Lancaster.

Lancasterlass Fri 03-Nov-17 22:15:42

I love Heysham village but it would be a horrible commute for both if us.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now