Clitheroe

(14 Posts)
Movingnorthagain Tue 08-Nov-16 18:14:52

Hi everyone. My family and I are considering a move from the South to Clitheroe to be nearer to family. I've done what homework I can online but wondered if anyone local could give me a feel for what it's like please? I've a 2 year old and a 5 year old, so would be looking for schools and preschools/toddler groups.
Everything I've seen so far (I've visited once), is lovely but it never hurts to hear it from the locals too.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated! X

BusyNothings Tue 08-Nov-16 19:18:45

I dont live in clitheroe but spend a lot of time up there. Its a lovely place to live with some decent schools, i would say you might find it a bit difficult when teens depending on where you live busses can be a nightmare!

Movingnorthagain Tue 08-Nov-16 20:18:04

Thanks for your reply, really appreciate it. That's a fair point - let's hope they like Manchester and maybe hop on a train! Here's hoping 😀

ScribbleValley Wed 09-Nov-16 13:24:21

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Movingnorthagain Wed 09-Nov-16 20:25:29

Thanks ScribbleValley, really appreciate your reply! I'm actually in Clitheroe visiting over the next couple of days so I'll be sure to have a look at the surrounding villages too. It all looks lovely, it seems we are spoilt for choice.

Really looking forward to having a look at the schools and a couple of property whilst im up here. It will be a true test as to whether you really do get a bit more for your money!

Thanks so much for your reply. I do hope you're loving the north? smile

RealHouswifeofBury Wed 09-Nov-16 20:29:09

Don't live in Clithero but it is a lovely place.

ErrolTheDragon Wed 09-Nov-16 22:41:10

The only thing which is a bit of a blot IMO is the cement works (apparently it makes a quarter of the UKs cement!). The rest of it and the area is very nice (I live a little way off but it's a good place to visit).

bobbinogs Thu 10-Nov-16 11:50:14

Hi, I live in Clitheore and have done for 10 years, two kids 8 and 10 in local primary and have just made high school selection for the oldest. It's a lovely place and a really good place for kids, lots going on, good choice of schools, lots of clubs, lovely park, fab countryside on the doorstep. Low crime, message me if you want specific details,

ScribbleValley Thu 10-Nov-16 12:54:45

Movingnorthagain Thu 10-Nov-16 20:00:33

Thanks everyone for your replies. I had a lovely day (although, very wet day) in Clitheroe today along with some of the surrounding villages/towns. I've still a couple of schools to look tomorrow but so far, so good. I just hope the sun might come out a little tomorrow!!

Thanks so much for your comments x

ErrolTheDragon Thu 10-Nov-16 20:07:19

It should be dry tomorrow with some sun in the morning. smile

user1474908610 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:00:30

Hello
I moved back oop north in April after 38 years in London. I bought a warehouse in the centre of Clitheroe (which I got off ebay!!) and am in the process of doing it up. Released a shed load of equity, paid off mortgage etc so obviously im a lot happier to start with. It is beautiful, gorgeous countryside with the New Holmes Mill and other restaurants adding trendiness. Its got a real buzz to it at the moment and I am loving it. Hope all goes well for you and your family x

ScribbleValley Wed 11-Jan-17 14:43:21

Movingnorthagain Thu 12-Jan-17 09:48:22

Thanks for your message. Love the sound of your warehouse project!
It's all happening now, it's just a matter of shifting and finding a new property (which is proving quite tricky!) Very exciting all the same. We actually had lunch in the new mill last time we were up and it was lovely. So nice to see new investment in the town, it's very encouraging. Can't wait to get up there now!
Good luck with the warehouse.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now