Course on how to create your own bedtime stories for your children

(1 Post)
WeAreImprov Mon 09-Nov-15 10:24:39

Hello everyone,

My name is Katy and I run We Are Improv, a Lancaster based improvisation company.

I'm running a course that you might be interested in. Here are the details:

Once Upon A Bed Time...

Want to create stories for your children? Unsure where to start? Feel a little silly trying to make things up?

Then this is the course for you!

The idea of creating a story from scratch can feel very scary but with a few simple tricks and tools it can be easy and fun. We are all natural story tellers and this course will tap into your natural abilities and spark your imagination to help you to create lasting memories for you and your children. The course will mainly focus on verbally improvising stories and will dabble in writing stories in advance of bedtime.

This course is designed to give you the tools to create your own stories to tell to your children/grandchildren/etc. Using yours and your children's imaginations you will soon find yourself weaving together adventures, creating heroes and villains and always saving the day!

You will learn how to create your own stories in a safe, supportive and encouraging environment. We will laugh, have fun and create more stories than you'll be able to remember. No experience of story telling is needed, just the willingness to come and give it a go!

The course will cover:

The Storey Spine (used by Pixar)
Building your confidence
Finding Inspiration
Creating Characters
Storytelling games to play at home

Dates: Wednesdays - 25th Nov, 2nd Dec, 9th Dec and 16th Dec
Time: 12:45pm - 2:45pm
Price: £40 for the four week course (to be paid at first session)

For more information or to book a place email info@weareimprov.co.uk

wp.me/P3cGc1-4Ha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now