Hi, We've been in Lancaster now for 4 days. I am trying to get my son (upcoming level 6) and daughter (upcoming level 4) enrolled in the schools. We looked at Bowerham (its walking distance from the place we are letting) and they have only room for my son next year. We've looked at Dallas Road (they have room for my son next year), but neither have room for my daughter. I'd like to have them at the same school. One local mum mentioned we could appeal, but I am not sure how to do this. Can anyone advise me on this? Should I enroll him and hope she can move up on the wait list, or not enroll him and just wait and see?
Is it worth the appeal? What do mums do if they can enroll one child in the local school but not the other?