Primary schools in Lancaster

(7 Posts)
Jing1623 Fri 22-May-15 22:34:16

We are moving to Lancaster and DS is going to move school in September to Year 1 class.

Now two schools have a place for him, Moorside and Dolphinnholme. We intend to live close to Moorside because we like the area and it is close to work, which means we will have to drive out to the village for Dolphinholme - how is the traffic like at the school run time? On the other hand, Moorside will be on our doorstep. Having said that we visited Dolphineholme school today and have had really good feeling about it, also it is an outstanding school for a number of years.

We really like to hear local mums' opinions, experience of both schools to help us making this very important decision.

Thank you very much.

JillStephens Tue 09-Jun-15 20:02:00

Hi, I don't know Dolphinholme school well but think it is small? There will be 90 children in year 1 at Moorside in september as it is 3 form entry so that's one big deciding factor for you right there - big or small?! If you are intending to live near Moorside you will also be near Bowerham school.
Good wishes with your search, Jill

JillStephens Tue 09-Jun-15 20:03:44

If you are looking for a village school I know a few people living near Moorside who take there children to Quernmore (outstanding ofsted) about 100 children i think, mixed age classes.

JillStephens Tue 09-Jun-15 20:04:59

And the traffic is easy to Quernmore as it is all on back roads. Sorry for multiple posts, keep thinking of more things that may help!

Jing1623 Wed 10-Jun-15 07:44:07

Jill, you are very helpful. thank you.

WhenYouGottaGo Sat 13-Jun-15 07:56:49

My kids are at Moorside and it's a fab school. Couldn't be happier with it. They've all been there since pre-school and are now KS2.

Jing1623 Sat 13-Jun-15 09:08:13

Good to know that. Thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now