Pilates class or teacher recommendation for SW12 & surrounds

(6 Posts)
EldonAve Wed 15-Apr-09 20:05:44

Any suggestions? I've been googling but not getting very far

deedar Wed 22-Apr-09 14:33:39

I've been going to Julia who works at pilates sanctuary for a few years or so now -http://www.balancephysio.com/whatwedo/111/pilates
It may be too far out of your way as it's right by clapham north tube but she's great and really knows her stuff. She also does special pre- and post-natal classes which are nice and gentle. I can't recommend her highly enough (even though I am now way too pregnant to go anymore)!

EldonAve Thu 23-Apr-09 14:17:23

Thank you! How do you book?

Blu Thu 23-Apr-09 14:22:51

The gym at the Lido on Brockwell Park seems to do a range of pilates classes, also swiss Ball, and different types of yoga and other 'holistic' classes. It's very nice there - you have to join, but then you can use the gym (I think - although they may do independent pilates classes), jaccuzzi and the lido.

There is also somewhere called the Secret Retreat in Norbury park - a beautiful building in what is really an extension of Streatham Common.

Neither in SW12 - but not that far!

EldonAve Fri 24-Apr-09 21:47:20

Thanks Blu

I have heard about the secret retreat

sharmie Thu 04-Jun-09 20:44:27

Hi there, I am desperately looking for a challenging exercise class that I can attend with my baby who is 6 months old! Have done baby yoga and although good, found it limiting as it was for post-natal women in the first few months after birth.

I am in the clapham/brixton area.

Please help!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now