swimming classes

(6 Posts)
1dilemma Sun 03-Aug-08 22:49:30

So now that Lambeth council are shutting Clapham leisure centre does anyone know of anywhere else we can go for swimming lessons.

Personally I'm hoping that their plans will be credit crunched right back to the drawing board!
I know there is Brixton they were also suggesting Streathem but I thought the pool there was shut too?

PerkinWarbeck Mon 04-Aug-08 14:33:06

dare you venture as far as Peckham? We have a great pool here at Peckham Pulse, and there's lessons for all ages.

(There is also a pool at Camberwell, but it's a bit cold and moudly tBH)

1dilemma Tue 05-Aug-08 02:45:12

Dunno!!!!!
Managed it a couple of times once was even walking grin

thefortbuilder Fri 08-Aug-08 16:12:53

i think there are lessons at latchmere?

notcitrus Mon 11-Aug-08 18:10:19

Streatham pool is still open and likely to be for another year or so - the bright idea of knocking down it and the ice rink and rebuilding isn't going to happen for a while longer.

The changing rooms in Streatham are a bit in need of attention but the pool itself is rather nice and practically empty a lot of the time as it's so close to the Lido.

Streathamum Sat 06-Sep-08 20:41:04

Late entry - but I've just signed us for toddler swimming lessons at Thornton Heath. The pool's 5 mins walk from the station if you're on the overland, and it's new with a lovely baby pool.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now