Trick or treating

(7 Posts)
Pacharamon Sun 29-Oct-17 17:12:56

Hi, we're in SW9, my boys would love to go trick or treating on Tuesday, but there isn't anywhere nearby that I can see. Any suggestions for where to take them? Thanks!

mashpot Sun 29-Oct-17 21:36:51

Round our way the kids just visit the houses with pumpkins / decorations outside for trick or treating.

Pacharamon Mon 30-Oct-17 07:28:26

There are no decorations anywhere except our place. Approx where are you located?

LuluInLambeth Tue 31-Oct-17 00:11:47

I don't understand. On our road, decorations and pumpkins won't be put out until tomorrow. Is it not the same near you?

mashpot Tue 31-Oct-17 06:34:47

Yes, most people don't decorate - they just stick a pumpkin outside on the night.

CarveHerNameWithPride Tue 31-Oct-17 07:41:43

Trogging around looking for decorated houses can be a bit soul destroying on a Tuesday Halloween.

If you want guaranteed Halloween fun you could whizz up the Vicky line to the Kings Cross Halloween party - looks like they’ll be going all out (probably no sweets though)
www.kingscross.co.uk/event/halloween-parade-party

LuluInLambeth Tue 31-Oct-17 18:15:52

Every time I open the door tonight, I'm scrutinising the children to see if they're local! Halloween's quite a big thing in our neck of the woods, but since I've read on MN that people drive to where they think there are richer pickings, I'm wondering whether these are children who've been bussed in and not my neighbours' children after all.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now