Help Improve Lambeth Primary Education

(4 Posts)
LocalEditorLambeth Fri 03-Feb-17 22:54:41

Have been asked to pass this on:

Hi everyone! Here is a short survey designed by a group of students from the London School of Economics. They are currently working on a project to understand how parents choose primary schools for their children and what they think about the primary schools.

Here is the link: pj74.typeform.com/to/f96cgI

Thank you, for supporting them and they will be happy to share the insights that come from the responses.

LuluInLambeth Fri 03-Feb-17 23:14:16

Err, don't want to be picky, but I hope they understand that parents don't choose state schools, especially in places like Lambeth where admission distances are tiny.

oyat Fri 10-Feb-17 22:28:14

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

BrixtonMortar Sat 11-Feb-17 19:04:42

That is true for many, Lulu, but lots of people could get into more than one school, depending on where they live, and especially if they can choose between a faith school and the nearest school.
Lambeth has actually done well, in my opinion, in increasing school places, and currently has more places than children.

But I agree, in the context of this survey, you are 'choosing' between maybe two or three schools that you could actually get a place at, so you can't prioritise your ideal qualities and go from there.

I assume that lots of parents do choose a school because of it's faith status.

Can I get there and still get to work / does it have before and after school care / does it do a good job of educating kids / do I like the atmosphere seem to be the ones most people come down to, amongst the families I know.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now