Any Brixton/Herne Hill mums with babies want to meet up?

(11 Posts)
Annajmc1 Fri 09-Oct-15 12:52:58

Hi,
I am a new mum to a 3 month old and would love to meet other mums with babies in the Brixton/Herne hill area or nearby. I didn't go to NCT classes and have found it difficult to meet other mums with young babies (none of my friends with babies live in South London either), so i'm finding it a little isolating.
If anyone fancies a walk in the park or coffee please get in touch. Thanks, Anna

missl1 Fri 09-Oct-15 18:26:33

hi anna,

welcome to the area.

i'd love to meet up ... but in a few weeks time. i'm currently 41+1 day so will soon be a mum to a new baby. just got a hurdle or two to get over first.

she'll be my second but my first will be at nursery a few days a week so i'll be able to do the new mum + baby thing again soon.

i've been back at work for two years so have missed out on the midweek mum + baby meetups. a lot of the NCTers i met first time round have either moved out of the area or are back at work so i too am a bit worried about feeling a bit isolated.

just give me a few weeks to recover :-)

rachel

Annajmc1 Sat 10-Oct-15 15:24:11

Hi Rachel,

wow 41 weeks, you must be well and truly ready to welcome your little one by now. Mine was born at 39 weeks and that certainly didn't feel too early!

I have to confess I've actually lived in Brixton for a few years but spent my first 4 years in London living and working in Hackney and i'm still working there, so most of my friendship base is north.

Meeting up in a few weeks sounds great, just drop me a message when you feel ready. Perhaps we can push a couple of crying babies around the park (or is that just my experience? :-)

I hope everything goes well and they arrive soon.

Anna

LocalEditorLambeth Tue 13-Oct-15 22:53:05

Hello and congratulations - exciting times ahead!

Just to let you know, in case you hadn't realised, but there's also a Brixton Meet Up group which is arranged through this website:
local.mumsnet.com/lambeth/group-meet-ups/brixton

They do meet regularly and it's a really friendly group. I think they've got a meet up on Friday at Jelly Tots.

Good luck!

Eljay122 Fri 16-Oct-15 20:47:57

Hi Anna

I'm local and have a 14 week old baby - which means I'm spending a lot of time walking around local parks! I'm new to mumsnet so not sure how to send over contact details but if we can figure that out do you fancy a walk next week?

Cheers
Linda

LocalEditorLambeth Fri 16-Oct-15 21:05:07

Hi Linda, congratulations to you too! Can you see an option next to your name and the time and date of post that says 'message poster'? If you click on that on the post of the person you want to message you should be able to send a private message.

Annajmc1 Tue 20-Oct-15 23:24:31

Hi Linda,
Sorry I've only just seen your post. I was relying on notification emails that never materialised. A walk in the park sounds great. I'll try and private message you tomorrow. Anna

alessandraC Thu 19-Nov-15 14:38:31

Hi ladies
are you still meeting up with the babies around Brixton/Herne Hill?
I have an almost 3-months old baby boy and I had my NCT classes in Clapham (the Brixton ones were all booked) so I'm finding it challenging to get a bus and go to Clapham everytime...
It'd be lovely to have a local group of mums to know...

Alessandra

Eljay122 Sat 21-Nov-15 06:32:16

Hi Alessandra

We are meeting up - usually just for a walk, or for coffee and cake for caffeine/sugar to keep us awake! You're very welcome to join us. If you pm me I'll let you know our plan for the week.

Linda

Annajmc1 Sat 21-Nov-15 07:43:02

Hi Alessandra,
It would be lovely if you'd like to join us. I met up with Rachel this week as well, so will see if she wants to join us all as for something in the coming week.
Anna

alessandraC Sat 21-Nov-15 12:10:57

Thanks a lot I Will pm you _

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now