Telferscot, Henry Cavendish, Hitherfield, Sunnyhill - advice please!

(6 Posts)
recca3000 Tue 28-Apr-15 22:54:30

Hi, we are thinking of moving to Streatham/Balham and wondered what the local buzz is about the above schools? I know Telferscot and HC have the best Ofsted and results but are the others considered as good? Any advice gratefully received!

Toomanybananas Wed 29-Apr-15 12:18:42

I can only comment on Hitherfield as my eldest two are currently there in Year 1 and nursery. We love it, they are both doing well there and the grounds are AMAZING - there's a field, two playgrounds, a huge nature area with picnic tables and families are welcome to hang out and play there after school which gives it a lovely community feel. I love that when I pick them up, they want to stay - I hope that's what they remember about their primary school years. The headmaster is at the gate every morning, welcoming everyone. It's a very special school.
Some lovely houses around there too!

BrixtonMortar Mon 11-May-15 20:53:48

You've missed out Streatham Wells and the new Dunraven primary as wonderful schools. Good reputations, very sought after,

Jodiesaurus Tue 19-May-15 21:54:12

Sunnyhill is a brilliant school. My girls both attend and love it. The school benefits from a school field, an edible garden which has won awards and a real ship for the kids to play on. The nurseries/ reception out door area is fab with a 2 story play house and huge sandpit. The school has a great community feel and the teachers even have their children at the school. We're awaiting Ofsted this year so fingers crossed for an even better report!

recca3000 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:11:26

thanks everyone. Sorry, I didn't get a notification of responses so didn't reply straight away. That all sounds very reassuring and sounds like there are lots of options - and good to know Sunnyhill and Hitherfield are also well thought of. Lots to think about! Cheers.

recca3000 Tue 09-Jun-15 16:13:03

Oh and thanks for info on Streatham Wells and Dunraven. Looks like Streatham Wells catchment is very small... And are people generally happy with Dunraven primary? I know the secondary is very good, but have any results/feedback come through yet about the primary?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now