6 year old daughter sexually assaulted at primary school in Streatham Common

(5 Posts)
oneclickboedicea Thu 04-Dec-14 14:55:35

Ive tried every avenue to get the headmaster to acknowledge and apologise for the fact that my 6year old suffered 4 months of gender based violence at this C of E primary school in Streatham Common but to no avail. Even the C of E synod state that if the complaints procedures have been followed, they have no interest in looking at the fact that the various stages of my complaint to the school show significant discrepancies in first acknowledging the violence and then denying it. Can anyone else think of how I may get the authorities to take gender based violence seriously at this school as, although I have moved my daughter to another school, other girls are still attending and vulnerable with a governors board and headmaster that cover up violence against girls rather than treat it as bullying and deal with the bullies.

Madamecastafiore Thu 04-Dec-14 14:57:15

Have you contacted the police?

BrixtonMortar Sat 06-Dec-14 18:28:57

Is this by adults / staff, or other child/ren?

How do you mean - gender-based violence? Is that the same as sexual assault? Gender isn't the same as sex... sorry - just confused.

Lambeth CYPS should have a safeguarding officer - contact them? It's called the LADU or something, I'll try and look it up.

But if your child has been sexually assaulted by an adult, I would call the police!

If by children, Lambeth Safeguarding officer, to seek advice..

sw16er Thu 11-Dec-14 03:52:32

What's the latest, have you got any further with your complaints?

StrychnineStew Thu 11-Dec-14 04:21:42

Which is it? Sexual assault or gender based violence? Can you explain what you mean?

Because I think I'd pursue different courses of action for each.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now