Seeking views about Rosendale School SE21

(3 Posts)
mrsbear101 Tue 04-Feb-14 08:51:32

Morning all. We are thinking about buying a house in SE21 which (I hope) would be close enough to Rosendale School to be offered a reception place.

I know the school has an excellent reputation and Ofsted and I thought it was great when I looked round. However, I don’t know anyone with children there and would really appreciate more insight.

I can see the school offers loads of extras (theatre trip, orchestra etc.) which is brilliant. But I can’t get a sense of how well supported children are in reaching their potential across the spectrum of ability. I think my DD is bright (fully appreciate how predictable and prejudice I’m being!) and I want to make sure she goes to a school that supports her abilities (what ever they turns out to be).

Any insight or thoughts on the school would be greatly appreciated!

Many thanks

thomsc Sun 23-Feb-14 19:08:52

I have friends with kids there and they all seem happy.

You have to be quite close to the school to get in though. Really close.

BrixtonMortar Tue 25-Feb-14 21:51:56

You might find this map useful
No-one ever seems to have a bad word to say about Rosendale - but there are lots of good schools in the area, and in many roads you have the option of 3 or 4 schools!

Bessemer grange is increasing in popularity, and the new Judith Kerr school is popular.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now