Childcare - North Kingston

(5 Posts)
claregarner86 Tue 09-Jun-15 13:04:13

Hi All,
We are new to the area and are based in Tudor in Kingston. We have an 8 year old daughter currently on the waiting list for Latchmere school.

Both myself and my partner work and we are looking for recommended childcare for occasional work. This would not be all day everyday, just when and as required, which makes using a standard childminder quite hard as you have to book set days and times etc!

We would likely need help in the interim period and for school holidays etc!
Preferably someone local that can either come to our house or we could drop our daughter off.

As we are new to the area and don't know anyone any recommendations would be hugely appreciated as this is obviously something we need to ensure we get right! Thanks smile

Treats Tue 09-Jun-15 13:09:34

Hi there - I'm from the Tudor estate too! Welcome to the area.

Mine are a bit younger - 5 and 2 - and with a childminder. My daughter gets collected and dropped off at St Agatha's. My childminders are actually two ladies working together so they have quite a bit of flexibility and have been very good at fitting me in with occasional odd requests. Ping me if you want contact details.

Alternatively, you can try the breakfast/ after school club at Hawker Centre. They also run all day sessions in the holidays. I haven't used them but it appears to be very well organised. Might be worth giving them a call. They drive their minibus over every afternoon to collect from St Agatha's so would definitely be able to do a pickup from Latchmere.

HTH. anything else you want, just let me know.

claregarner86 Tue 09-Jun-15 13:27:35

HI, Thanks for the speedy response!

Our daughter is not yet at school so need someone that could do various ad-hoc times in the day dependant on work needs etc. Do you think your childminders would be suitable for that? If so would you have a number I could contact them on to find out a bit more at all? Thanks

Treats Tue 09-Jun-15 14:12:04

Tried to PM you, but got an error message saying that you can't receive PMs. Do you need to fiddle with your settings?

claregarner86 Wed 10-Jun-15 13:30:48

Hi could you try now, think I wasn't registered properly!! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now