New Malden Primary Schools

(3 Posts)
Jiff99 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:32:58

We are about to move to New Malden and are planning on living in the 'Groves' area. We are needing to consider primary schools. One parent is nominally catholic, the other C of E but all other things being equal we would prefer a non-religious school.

We are therefore considering Christ Church (CofE), Burlington (Not Religious) and perhaps more cautiously - Corpus Christo (Catholic).

Does anyone have views on these three schools. I've looked at the Ofsted reports - Burlington has an "Outstanding" as opposed to "Good" for the other two. I realise that the Ofsted is not the be all and end all though.

I'd love to hear any opinions or experiences of the above schools. Our son will be moving from a sleepy Devon primary school, so London schooling may be quite a change for him.

Many thanks!

Jiff99 Fri 21-Nov-14 23:34:25

I suppose one other key point is that Burlington is not in the Groves and means crossing the highstreet. Both Christ Church and Corpus Christi will almost certainly be closer to where we eventually buy. We will be renting first, so choice of school may influence our accommodation for the time being.

fairgroundsnack Mon 01-Dec-14 23:27:42

My friend has a daughter at Burlington and loves it. She is quite a shy little girl so it is great that such a big school can look after her so well.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now