Any mums in New Malden wanting to meet up?

(5 Posts)
PaddingtonBearLondon Wed 15-Jun-11 21:42:30

Hi everyone,

I'd like to meet mums in or near to New Malden who, like me, are expecting another baby this year (mine's another pink one, due in October).

I'm hoping to take 9 months' maternity leave and I'd love to have some local friends to meet up with, preferably who have children for my 2 1/2 year old daughter to play with. She's a confident, chatty toddler who'll happily play with children aged 2-5. She's also learning Italian - if they are too, even better!

I'm in my late '30s, I enjoy the outdoors, travel and the performing arts - and so does my daughter. So a brilliant day out for both of us last Saturday was seeing the Royal Ballet students performing in Richmond Park.

I'm only free at weekends at the moment but once I start my maternity leave then any day would be good!

If you want to get out of the house and you're interested in sunny days in the park/at the playground, chats, toddler play-dates, wet weather crafts or soft play, sharing ideas on how to educate/entertain/cope with kids, and maybe having the odd glass of wine along the way, please get in touch.

Dru6 Sat 23-Jul-11 20:38:44

Hi there,
I just came across your post and was compelled to reply.
I live in New Malden and I also have a 2 and a half year old daughter and another pink bundle due in October!
We also enjoy travel, the outdoors, trips to the park, etc, and my daughter loves to play with other little ones her age.
We're bringing our children up bilingual - but French - not Italian!
I haven't really used mumsnet much before but I'll investigate and see if I can add you as a friend.

PaddingtonBearLondon Mon 01-Aug-11 18:02:01

Hi Dru6,

I'm really glad that you replied and I'm sorry I've only just seen it - I thought that Mumsnet would send me some sort of notification if I had a message.

By bizarre coincidence I'm pretty sure that it was your husband and daughter who I met yesterday at the playground. I gave him my mobile number to pass on to you.

I'd really like to meet up for the girls to play together and for us to have a good chat. I'm working Mon-Thurs but let me know if you're free Fri/Sat/Sun.

Best wishes.

Dru6 Mon 08-Aug-11 14:15:24

Hello,
Yes, it was my husband and daughter you saw in the park! I've been meaning to get your number from him. I'll be in touch soon.

PaddingtonBearLondon Fri 16-Sep-11 23:21:06

Hi Dru6, Let me know if you're free - it would be great to meet up before our 2nd babies are born.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now