moving to southborough

(9 Posts)
delite Tue 12-Aug-08 23:49:34

Hi - I am moving next Wednesday and wondered if anyone is out there with primary aged children. I have an 8 year old and 6 year old. Would love any info on places to go with kids for the rest of the hols!! Thanks

gingernutlover Wed 13-Aug-08 08:37:26

hi

i live in high brooms, just down the hill from southborough

my dd is nearly 3 so not school age but there are lotds of nice things to do in the area, in southborough there is pennington park - lovely big safe park

on st johns road there is a sports centre with swimming pool and lots of organised actaivities for school aged children

st georges children project do holiday playschemes too if you work (nearer town but walkable from southbourough

alot of the churches so holiday playscemes too - drop in type things

in high brooms we have a park too and also a soft play centre called our space which is great for burning off energy

hope that helps

gingernutlover Wed 13-Aug-08 08:39:04

oh, also great bus links to tonbridge and tunbridge wells town centres and also to bluewater and maidstone I think, tonbridge has a lovely pool with outside part for th summer and also a massive outdoor play park

delite Thu 14-Aug-08 15:35:52

thanks for that - think i will manage all of that before term begins!!

charliecat Thu 14-Aug-08 15:55:57

wellington rocks on the common, there is also toad rock at rusthall, there are activities down the pantiles look in the courier. The library has story time at southborough, not sure if its term time only. The museum in T. Wells has things on too.

SingingBear Thu 14-Aug-08 16:05:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

charliecat Thu 14-Aug-08 17:00:06

ohhh wheres the new wear em out?

nicolamumof3 Thu 14-Aug-08 17:53:27

its just along from the back of waitrose carpark on that little industrial estate.

Im in Tonbridge too, I have 9yr old then two littlies 2.5yrs and 1yr all boys. Wear m out going to be godsend in the winter as don't drive.

This is a lovely area for kids lots to do!

delite Fri 15-Aug-08 22:15:55

Thanks - am beginning to get excited but also trying to be realistic that it will take time to get to know people and get used to new area!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now