HELP moving to Maidstone

(11 Posts)
lblouise Mon 11-Aug-08 10:38:01

HI, I am moving to Maidstone from Ireland in 4 weeks have ds 2.5 and dd 10 months I don't know anyone in the area and would really appreciate some mummy friends.. anyone interested in a meet up mid september??

punkiemama Mon 01-Sep-08 21:40:06

Hi, I live about 10 miles from Maidstone. Often shop there and stop for coffee! I have one ds aged 3 and another ds 18 months. Moved to Kent from Scotland and didn't know a soul! When do you move?

wifeinthesouth Tue 09-Sep-08 18:05:18

Hello - just logged on looking for some classifieds and found your thread. I moved here from Scotland too without knowing a soul. Live around 10 miles from Maidstone and like punkiemama am in shopping etc. fairly often have ds 11 months, dd 9yrs and dd 7yrs happy to meet up!

lblouise Fri 19-Sep-08 15:19:32

Hi Wife intheSouth and Punkiemama!!! I lived in Glasgow for 7 years so I think I'm a bit Scottish!!! Would be great to meet up, trying to get my bearings (and a car) at the minute so let me know where and when and I will attempt to navigate!! Thanks so much for replying!!

lblouise Fri 19-Sep-08 15:22:17

Oh yes forgot to mention, moved here 5 days ago, have been really busy packing up our house in Ireland and unpacking here so haven't been on internet much!

punkiemama Fri 19-Sep-08 21:05:24

Hi! Glad you have made the move and hope all is going smoothly and you can find the essentials - cot, kettle, corkscrew...?!
Would be happy to meet up in Maidstone if that's easy for you. Not too hot on navigation outside main shopping area but willing to investigate!

lblouise Sat 20-Sep-08 19:17:42

PUNKIEMAMA- All unpacked now thanks!! I have been round and about Maidstone the last few days I know Fremlin Walk (it's lovely-I'm sure I'll be bankrupt fairly soon living so near to House of Fraser!) I will be in and out of Maidstone this week, would be great to meet up around that area for a coffee if you're free?
WIFEINTHESOUTH- are you free this week for a coffee?

punkiemama Sun 21-Sep-08 17:05:06

Hi! I was planning a shopping trip as in need of birthday presents for later in week. I could make a trip to Maidstone tomorrow (Mon) or Wed. Cafe in Frasers is good for coffee and they are pretty chilled out with lots of kids! Mid morning would be good, never manage to make it out of the house too early, but desperate for caffeine rush by 11am! Any good?

lblouise Sun 21-Sep-08 20:12:59

That would be great!! Either day suits me and 11 is perfect, can't seem to be out much earlier, don't know how I'll manage when I go back to work!! Which day is better for you?

punkiemama Sun 21-Sep-08 22:52:50

Let's make it Wednesday at 11, shall we meet at the main door to the store on Fremlin Walk. Early Learning Centre nearby for distraction/or being driven to distraction?!? See you then!

lblouise Mon 22-Sep-08 08:47:02

Thats great, looking forward to it! I'll email you my mob no. in case there are any problems! see you then!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now