Child’s care at school

(3 Posts)
Mumofone01 Sun 12-Nov-17 22:19:21

Hello, I’m looking for some advise. I picked up my 4 year old from school and was told that they had spiked themselves a few hours ago and was still sitting in her own soil. I had sort my child out there. She was very embarrassed as you can imagine. The school did not clean her up, nor did they call me to pick her up. Is this standard policy for schools?

Bella8 Mon 13-Nov-17 07:24:05

Mumofone01 Certainly not that would have been very uncomfortable for your child. I'm not certain their allowed to change your little one but they could definitely have called you and most certainly should have. I'd be putting a complaint in.

Adikia Mon 13-Nov-17 20:51:48

No, that isn't normal policy.

School staff can change children if needs be, although as you can imagine not all staff are willing to, if there is no one available/willing to change a child, or the child refuses to be cleaned by staff we would phone parents because sitting in it is unpleasant for the child and the smell is unpleasant for everyone else.

There are times staff might not know a child needs cleaning as not all kids will say but for the school to know she'd been sat in it for hours it doesn't sound like that was the case here. There is no excuse for knowingly letting a child stay like that for hours.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now