Local Domestic Abuse Charity Needs Volunteers - Do You Have Some Time?

(5 Posts)
Rachel7720 Tue 10-Jan-17 15:34:55

I'm volunteering for local charity Domestic Abuse Volunteer Support Services (DAVSS).

DAVSS is currently recruiting for Domestic Abuse Advisors. They are based in Tunbridge Wells, but cover the whole of North Kent. If you're someone who has commitment, dedication and enthusiasm, you could make a real difference to people's lives.

The next training course for Domestic Abuse Advisors starts in Spring 2017. Details can be found via www.davss.org.uk or by telephoning the office for an Information Pack.
01892 502074

ceramicqueen Wed 11-Jan-17 00:34:23

have you posted on local facebook groups? The west kent refuges get enormous support from local mums.

Rachel7720 Wed 11-Jan-17 14:14:19

Thanks - yes, we have posted on Sevenoaks Mums network and Tonbridge Mums. Are there any others you would recommend?

Thanks,

Rachel

ceramicqueen Wed 11-Jan-17 21:55:49

they are 2 good busy groups, but I havent seen the posts. Perhaps bump them! Also Tunbridge Wells Mums.

Do you think it might be appropriate to let "graduates" of the Freedom programmes know that you are recruiting for supporters as some may have a good understanding of the system and what works.

QueerAsFolkestone Thu 12-Jan-17 13:37:30

Do you know whether equivalent organizations which cover East/South Kent (I know of Oasis, there may be others) are also looking for volunteers? Folkestone Women's Forum this month is focused on domestic abuse, and would be glad to share information about this sort of initiative - email folkestonewomensforum*@gmail*.com or find on Facebook.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now