commute from langton green?

(4 Posts)
Annieb12345 Wed 20-Jan-16 20:44:32

Hi

Does anyone comute from Langton Green (or other village around TW) to London? how do you find the comute? do you drive to the station or is it easier to get the bus?

like the look of Langton Green but dont want to lump my husband with a huge comute!

thanks

doubleginandtonic Wed 20-Jan-16 22:36:16

Hi there,

Have lived in Langton Green for a while, having moved down from London. Great community, pub and primary school, and fantastic grammar schools in T.Wells. Lots of professional couples and families, and both mums and dads seem to make strong networks. Not many houses for sale, though.

Lots of people commute by train, although it is pricey. The trains on the Tunbridge Wells line are pretty modern and you will usually get a seat this far out from town, particularly on the earlier 'City' trains. It's about 50 minutes to Cannon St. You can pay to park your car at Morrisons which is opposite Tunbridge Wells station, although some park up on the common and walk down. You can also park a scooter for free at the station. A number of people drive to Hildenborough, where the season ticket is cheaper. Others catch the coach, which has a good reputation. I'm told its cheaper, and I know that it runs on time because it goes past our house at the same time every morning!

It's different from living in London, and you have to be ready for that. I don't regret it though.

Annieb12345 Thu 21-Jan-16 07:25:28

That's really helpful, thank you!

doubleginandtonic Thu 21-Jan-16 13:46:48

My pleasure. I shall claim my namesake drink (and a cheeky bag of crisps) at The Hare when you move in!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now