Moving from London to Kent. Advice please?

(2 Posts)
Justemsibop Mon 30-Nov-15 15:34:34

Hi all,

I am Brand New to the site so bear with me. A quick Google of where to move in Kent brought up this site so I was hoping some of you lovely people could offer some advice.

Me and my h2b currently live near Bromley/ Orpington area after moving out from Central London a few years ago.

Being a Northern country lass, the city life isn't ideal for me and we are wanting to move to Kent and hopefully start a family.

We both work in central London so a commuter train is ideal although we are not ruling out moving our jobs either.

We are choosing Kent as you seem to get more for your money in terms of housing and would love to sell our flat and get a house.

Can anyone recommended any locations to us please? So far we have looked at new builds in Ashford, Maidstone and Sittintbourne.

Where are the nicer places to live? We want a nice town centre with good shops but also a lovely community to make some new friends.

Thanks in advance all xxx

GardenOfEngland Fri 18-Dec-15 11:11:34

There are loads of good places to settle down in Kent.

Sevenoaks, Tonbridge and Tunbridge Wells -- great commute, employment options, good shops and community feel

Canterbury -- not sure about the commuting time, everything else is great.

West Malling is another place with employment options but not connected to London.

Upcoming regeneration areas are ebbsfleet and medway but they still have a long way to go

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now