moving to Tonbridge

(7 Posts)
MChambers123 Mon 13-Jul-15 18:36:21

Finally...after a long decision period, we are moving to Tonbridge, do you know the area? is there any advise you could give us?

We are happy to move but we hope to move for the best. Looking for schools, pre-schools, activities for children (dance, drama, martial arts, swimming, etc)...

we will very grateful of any advise

Thank you

Isthereroomforanother Mon 20-Jul-15 18:29:59

Hello!

We're new to the area too. Swimming lessons at Fosse Bank school (Google Alison Marks Swim School) are great.

Schools all very different but good points about all of them. I would advise making appointments to look around to see where would suit your children best. Heard lots of good things about Stocks Green Primary in Hildenborough and Slade Primary in central Tonbridge. Would imagine catchment for both of these is very small though!

MChambers123 Mon 20-Jul-15 18:53:42

Hello

Thank you...got a place in Hildenborough primary :-)...on our experience, Stocks Green's receptionist is very unpolite...happy we don't have to go to there.

Thank you for the tip on swimming lessons, I contacted her but she said DS (3 yy in october) has to do the full term until december in the babies class (!)...I keep looking...

I am looking for dance, martial arts and music classes now...keep me busy for the summer

GardenOfEngland Tue 21-Jul-15 11:43:41

Stocks Green, Slade , Woodlands, Sussex road and Hildenborough are all good schools. so congrats to get into Hildenborough CoE

eatyourveg Tue 21-Jul-15 12:52:38

Kent music school (googleable) ime are v good, they do music lessons either in school or at their centres (think Weald of Kent grammar at the south end of town is a centre. Martial Arts dc did at Swanmead sports ground - no idea if its still going but the Judo man was a former olympian

MChambers123 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:15:50

thank you GardenOfEngland...I know we have been lucky!...

looking forward to our "new" live

MChambers123 Fri 24-Jul-15 18:20:49

eatyourveg ...thank you, I will have a look...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now