advice on good primary school in canterbury

(6 Posts)
tya2012 Mon 13-Jul-15 12:06:52

Hi all,
Could anyone give me some up to date advice about good/best primary schools in canterbury? We are supposed to apply for my 3 yo girl this september and any advice will be welcome.
Many thanks.

happydutchmummy Wed 15-Jul-15 17:13:30

Which area of Canterbury are you in? A lot of schools are oversubscribed, so its best to apply for one you want in your local area.

tya2012 Wed 15-Jul-15 17:28:19

Thanks @happydutchmummy for your answer.
I'm near the west station (5 min walking).

villanova Thu 16-Jul-15 15:51:43

My kids go to St Stephens (1 infant, 1 at Juniors). They are good schools, but busy, and I wonder if they would be overwhelming for very quiet shy kids. Otherwise they have great teachers & a lot going on. St Peters is very oversubscribed; don't know much about St Johns since the merger or the Canterbury Primary; other parents do not rate Parkside. Hope this helps!

happydutchmummy Thu 16-Jul-15 16:31:50

You may just be close enough to st peters to get a place. Ring the school and ask them if you're likely to be allocated a place.

Go to a couple of very local play groups and ask other mums got their opinions

tya2012 Thu 16-Jul-15 18:11:38

Thanks villanova, the information are helpfull. happydutchmummy, I will try to ring st peter to know whether I get some chance to have a place. Thanks so much for your advice smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now