Fun for free??

(4 Posts)
Nana2013 Tue 06-Jan-15 06:15:27

Hello
I'm a first time Nana, blessed with the care of my Granddaughter wed-fri. I'm looking for fun things to do together for little or no cost. We are in the Rusthall end of Tunbridge Wells and can walk or drive to venues. I'd be grateful for any suggestions or recommendations!
Thank you & Happy New Year.
x

NEEDABUGGYNOW Tue 06-Jan-15 20:32:11

The main library in town has baby bounce and rhyme time several times a week which is free. There are lots of toddler groups which cost very little to go to. I have not been to one in a while so can't recommend. There are listings in the free childcare magazines like the Grapevine which you can find in the library. Would also recommend trying out all the parks in town though weather is not good at the moment. St Johns Park and the park off Upper Grovesnor Road have great Sandpits. Dunorlan park now has a play area and mine love feeding the ducks whatever the weather.

There is also soft play at the Tunbridge Wells leisure centre on St Johns Road a couple of times a week not sure how much that costs now.

Nana2013 Tue 06-Jan-15 21:25:45

Thank you

Amathaunta Sat 10-Jan-15 04:43:18

My DC used to like clambering on the rocks on the common when they were toddlers and going to Dunorlan park, other than that it was lots of building dens in the garden or making stuff at home.

There's also wear em out in Tonbridge if that's not too far which is about £5 if you go during the day in term time (I know not free but at least not ridiculously pricey) and there's a soft play place on the industrial estate.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now