11+ results 2014

(9 Posts)
Florescence Thu 09-Oct-14 15:14:02

I have been reading lots of speculation about the Kent test results this year- we were hoping for a Skinners type score, but it sounds like the scores will not be comparable to last years.

Does anyone know if there will be any guidance available as to what the cut offs may be?

We don't want to waste a space on the CAF if it is completely hopeless.

Thank you.

Panicmode1 Wed 15-Oct-14 12:04:15

We are in the same boat! Skinners, Judd and TOGS have all issued statements saying that the scores are predicted to be much lower this year, and therefore to put your schools in genuine order of preference - don't think that because you have a traditionally lower score you will not get in - apparently Judd told one parent who phoned that totally unofficially they are thinking scores of about 375 will be enough.....but obviously no-one really knows. The key thing seems to be to put the schools you want first, first!

Good luck today - can't believe it's still only lunchtime....!

reallyneedmoresleep Wed 15-Oct-14 22:26:31

the headmaster at my son's school suggested that 380+ is necessary for Judd and 365 + for Skinners. Dunno where he's got that from.....

Florescence Fri 17-Oct-14 12:52:27

I wish they just gave you a percentile rank and had done with it- none of this guessing malarkey!

Amathaunta Fri 17-Oct-14 18:06:34

DS has been told by his teacher that his score of 365 might be just enough for Skinners if he wants to apply (DS says he wants to put Tunbridge Wells Boys as first choice though)

Florescence Thu 23-Oct-14 14:02:02

I have seen some raw scores on the 11+ forum- looks like you actually had to get 100% in English to get that 138!

Amathaunta Thu 23-Oct-14 14:41:46

shock really? I have to admit that I haven't been looking at the raw scores as they confuse me (DS definitely doesn't get his brains from me)

Florescence Thu 23-Oct-14 18:07:16

And some cut off predictions here:

www.elevenplusforum.org.uk/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=90

Florescence Thu 30-Oct-14 21:53:28

The scores per school are up on the KCC website- you might be able to spot your child!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now