St James Infants January intake

(3 Posts)
Moocachoo Mon 15-Aug-11 21:21:31

Hello
Are there any other January 2012 starts for St James? I was told by the school only "a handful" have opted for this start date. I am now in the position of being worried that my son will face difficult issues having to integrate into an established group. I would love to know we are not the only ones. Please get in touch and maybe we could meet with the kids before they start. Anyone esle who did a jan start your comments on how it went would be very much appreciated. Thank you

Shivs1974 Tue 16-Aug-11 16:13:28

DD1 did a Jan start two years ago...however the school have changed their policy in recent yrs. It used to be that the youngest half (so typically March onwards) started in Jan. This is what happened to my daughter. They joined existing classes - so there was a 50/50 split between Sept & Jan starters.
Last yr, the youngest third all went into a separate class.
And then this yr (and DD2 is joining in Sept) they are doing something different by giving parents the choice.
My experience will be different to yours...but DD1 was fine. She didn't know anyone in the class beforehand but very quickly she made some good friends. However I appreciate my daughter's experience may not be the same as for your son....However the teachers will be used to children joining half way through the year.

I am sure that there are a few other parents whose children will be joining in Jan who would like to meet up. Maybe you could ask the school to forward on your contact details so you can arrange a meet-up?

Moocachoo Sat 20-Aug-11 19:56:52

Thank you very much - good idea about asking school for contacts. I am probably just being neurotic but we moved down here mid way through NOv last year and my son already had the 'join the nursery after everyone was settled' scenario and it took him a while to settle in. I guess I am just projecting unkown anxieties on to it. Thanks for your reply. Hope your DD2 enjoys it in September

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now