moved to tunbridge wells last wed!

(6 Posts)
mollyisobel Wed 20-Apr-11 22:20:44

i moved to tunbridge wells last week and dont know anyone! i have a 3 year old and an 18 month old both girls. i have found a couple of lovely parks so far but have not had a chance to explore much as busy unpacking! would love to find a couple of friendly toddler groups to take the girls to, any suggestions? really need to start meeting people getting out and about!....

princessmommie Sun 24-Apr-11 00:39:09

Hi Mollyisobel

We are just moving to Tunbridge Wells first week of May ( myself and my 4 and half year old boy)..from Wimbeldon London, and I don't know anybody also!

If you would like to meet up ( after some unpacking) please do drop me a email or reply post to me here.

Best Regards

Shaheera
Email: asante.shaheera:gmail.com

mollyisobel Sun 24-Apr-11 22:15:42

hi there shaheera, it would be lovely to meet up once your unpacked! or if your anything like me when your fed up with unpacking!! its lovely here there are some lovely parks and great shops! im still finding my way round and exploring! where abouts are you moving to?

regards lou! ....

elmerthe1st Mon 18-Jul-11 10:35:24

Hello . . . I'm currently having a 'moving out of London' dilemma and wondered whether any of you could give me any advice to help me come to a conclusion? Would appreciate absolutely anything at all! We have recently sold our house with the intention of moving out of London towards Tunbridge Wells. Our little ones are 8 months, 2 and 4 with the eldest about to start reception in September. We are moving for the usual reasons - schools/ a safer environment for them to grow in and we'd really love a large garden. We ideally want a period property and my husband works in London Bridge so needs a short-ish commute. Basically we couldn't afford anything in TBW with a big garden but we have found a house we really like in Wadhurst. Although it seems like a lovely village, I've just started to get a few wobbles about whether it's a bit too quiet (for me not the kids!) and whether we should start considering the Esher/ Thames Ditton side of London instead. The commute's not quite as good and it's certainly not as pretty but I'm just slightly worried about whether there'll be enough going on in Wadhurst. I can't find any evidence of playgroups/ meet ups and as I'm a SAHM I'm a bit scared about being lonely during the week while my hubby's working. If anyone can tell me anything about their own experience which will reassure me or confirm my worries, I'd be grateful! Thanks in advance pPS I'd also welcome any potential meet ups from September onwards . . .

rainflower Fri 05-Aug-11 01:49:51

Hey everyone!

I've lived in tw for a couple years now and have a 16 month old boy. Would be happy to meet up with you guys and say hi smile Most of my friends are based outside of tw, so really need some more local mummy friends!

There's gyminis on a Wenesday and Friday @ Tw leisure centre in St John's. I've been a few times and its only £1.20! Sing and sign is also good, but the one my son goes to runs terms and it's finished until September now, so will need to find something else to do. I have a local kids magazine with stuff thats on, so if you let me know what sort of things you would like, I could always look for you.

xxxx

sjp22 Thu 20-Oct-11 14:27:43

Hi There,

I know what it's like. We did the move from London a couple of years ago. It takes time to settle in and meet people, but once you do you'll find it's a lovely place to live. I found a website called www.thetunbridgewellsmum.com very helpful. It's an inspiring blog about a mums life in TW.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now