What's the best playground for 5-8 yr olds in Tunbridge Wells?

(5 Posts)
Othersideofthechannel Mon 13-Sep-10 19:53:07

Thanks

TheWeeWoman Fri 15-Oct-10 18:19:57

St John's has a very good one with a sandpit which has water and usually buckets and spades to use, a zip wire, swings and an area for younger children.
If you like walks or have a dog there is also a wilder area of grass and trees at the bottom of the park.

The Grove is very popular with families. In the summer people have barbecues and parties under the trees. The playgound has the usual equipment.

Lottiegal Sat 15-Jan-11 21:49:53

Hi, I don't mean to sound like an idiot, but I've tried to find St.John's twice now in the car as I'm not familiar to the area, and didn't know where the car park is. Any tips?

PommePoire Wed 02-Feb-11 22:13:35

Imagine that you're driving from the town centre, out of Tunbridge Wells, along St John's Road. So, the BP/M&S Petrol Station is on your left and the Sainsbury's Local is on your right. Keep going and you pass Freeways Tyre and Exhaust place on your left and Skinners School on your right, then you come to a pedestrian crossing by The Kelsey Arms. Take the next left, Beltring Road (partial cul de sac) and park as soon as you spot a space. The entrance to the park is right in front of you, through the gates.

I would also recommend the park at Hawkenbury Rec. Click here and type Hawkenbury Road, Tunbridge Wells to see where it is. There is a cycle track and 'Witch's Hat' and good climbing frames for that age group.

Blindcavesalamander Mon 04-Jul-11 22:00:33

The playground On Pennington road in Southborough is also worth a visit.. slides, swings, spiderweb, big sand pit, zip wire etc. In fact we've got some really great playgrounds locally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now