Anyone in Sevenoaks area?

(17 Posts)
Cluds Tue 10-Aug-10 12:38:18

I am due in middle of Sept. Don't know anyone else in the area who is also pregnant............anyone out there??!!

Sunshine28 Tue 17-Aug-10 12:31:30

I live in Tunbridge Wells and am not due till April - so agood bit behind you I'm afraid......

I'm sure there must be some Mums on this site from around here!

Cluds Fri 20-Aug-10 18:58:10

Thanks Sunshine28 Congrats on your pregnancy x

SamanthaB123 Tue 24-Aug-10 17:30:03

Hi, yes I am in the Sevenoks area. Due 20th October but may be induced at 36 weeks I found out today. Do you know of any breast feeding support groups around here?

Cluds Mon 06-Sep-10 20:01:18

Hi SamanthaB123 are you registered with the Sevenoaks Midwives? If so, they have a breast feeding support group. Is this your first?
Why are you being induced? I hope everything is ok. Which hosp are you planning on using?
Sorry for questions, and please don't feel you need to answer them!
Congrats on your pregnancy!

FakePlasticTrees Mon 06-Sep-10 20:13:05

Hello! Also in Sevenoaks, but DS is 8 months so a bit ahead of you...

There's a BFing clinic at the SureStart centre- I think it's on a Thursday morning, but not 100% certain, your midwive should be able to tell you. (It started in April IIRC, a bit late to be useful for me.)

The NCT are getting more active recently after nearly folding in the area, and there's a lot of bfing mums involved in that.

Oh, and the baby club at St Nicks is good, there's always a lot of new mums joining regularly so a good way to meet others who've had DCs round about the same time as you.

Cluds Tue 07-Sep-10 09:09:25

Thanks FakePlasticTrees. Where is St Nicks?

mariet4 Thu 09-Sep-10 11:01:59

Hello - I've just had a baby girl and have a little boy aged 22 months. I think the breatfeeding support group is at Springhouse children's centre nr the hospital (not sure exactly where though). The midwives will definitely be able to point you in teh right direction. I'm really keen to know more about the baby club at St. Nicks - I haven't lived here long and have no idea where any of the groups are and am really keen for a bit of adult conversation....Marie x

mariet4 Thu 09-Sep-10 11:02:08

Hello - I've just had a baby girl and have a little boy aged 22 months. I think the breatfeeding support group is at Springhouse children's centre nr the hospital (not sure exactly where though). The midwives will definitely be able to point you in teh right direction. I'm really keen to know more about the baby club at St. Nicks - I haven't lived here long and have no idea where any of the groups are and am really keen for a bit of adult conversation....Marie x

Cluds Fri 10-Sep-10 14:47:46

Hi mariet4 sorry i can't help you with the St Nicks thing as i don't know where it is either! However, have just googled it, and seen that St Nicholas' church is at the top of Sevenoaks High Street, opposite the turning to Knole Park. They seem to have a babies club for babies up to 12 months and then a mums club for older babies. Hope this helps!

FakePlasticTrees Sat 11-Sep-10 22:04:22

Oh, sorry, yes, St nicks/St Nicholas' church - top of high street, across the road from the way into Knole house. The baby club is for babies under 12 months and is at 10am on a thursday, on a Wednesday there is mum&co which is for pre-schoolers over 1 (think that's at 10am, but check the website).

If you can pick up a copy of the family vine, there's usually listing of all the different baby/toddler clubs/events taking place. (You can get the vine for free at the baby clinic, the library and I've seen it being given out at the station sometimes.)

Springhouse is at the hospital, it's behind the outpaitent bit.

There's also a baby club at St Marys in Riverhead on a Monday at 1:45pm, which has older toddlers there too, so that might be good for you, Marie.

FakePlasticTrees Sat 11-Sep-10 22:08:41

Sorry, forgot to add: the St Nicks one isn't religous at all.

Alternatively, there's baby singing in the library on a Thursday morning at 11am.

mariet4 Tue 14-Sep-10 17:52:27

Brill - thanks FakePlasticTrees. Unfortunately 1.45 is naptime but will check out the other groups....
Marie

FakePlasticTrees Tue 14-Sep-10 18:03:22

yep, we've only ever made it to the St Mary's one for the last hour... (tis a bit of a stupid time to put something for babies and toddlers on...)

elk4baby Tue 31-May-11 21:30:55

Hi all, we're about to move to Sevenoaks (central) in 10 days... it's a bit scary as we don't know anyone.
I have two little boys - 2yr-old toddler and 4mth-old baby. It'd be really nice to get to know local mums and to get my little ones into playgroups.

Also, can anyone tell me where are the playgrounds? as my 2yr-old demands swings almost daily smile.

Fink Sat 04-Jun-11 12:50:34

Hi Elk,

We're moving to Sevenoaks (also central) over the summer and also know noone. I have a 16 month old and want to start TTC again later this year. No use with answers but have exactly the same questions so I'll try bumping the thread!

dodders Fri 24-Jun-11 21:53:55

Hi Elk,

You've probably already found it by now, but there's a nice playground on Hollybush Lane near the sports club. There is a also a little one round the back of the leisure centre near the main car park, but it is not as good as the Holly bush Lane one.

We are supposed to be moving to Sevenoaks in July (due to exchange contracts in the next couple of weeks). I have a 22 month old son, so would be interested to know how you are getting on. Have you found any good clubs/classes?

Btw Elk are you ex-Greenwich? Your moniker sounds familiar. Wondering if we have met in real life?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now