Suggestions for DS's 3rd birthday party - please help!

(10 Posts)
cloudydaze Fri 09-Jan-09 00:33:34

Hi,
Due to lack of space in our apt I'm looking for somewhere to host our son's 3rd birthday party, ideally in the K&C area. Has anyone got any suggestions? Think Gymboree bit young, have looked at The Little Gym at Westfield, know of Maggie & Rose's in W8 and Gambado. Also possibility is the Virgin Active off Ladbroke Grove.
Does anyone know of anywhere else?
Many thanks!

staggerlee Sun 11-Jan-09 20:06:06

Hi Cloudydaze

Theres Bramley's soft play centre near Latimer Road.

I've also heard Brilliant Kids in Kensal Rise do great parties and activities for kids-not too far away from Kensington either. They have a good website too.

Good luck

cloudydaze Mon 12-Jan-09 14:33:03

Thanks so much s, much appreciated!!

hillbilly Mon 12-Jan-09 20:24:25

Also kensington Sports Centre have a room they hire out for parties, which may include some playtime in their Jungle Gym.

Coolchristmasfairy Tue 13-Jan-09 16:55:42

The National Army Museum in Chelsea also host kids parties - quite fun!

cloudydaze Tue 13-Jan-09 18:54:09

Thank you hillbilly & CCF for also responding. I did discover you can hire out double decker buses, not really appropriate for 3 yr olds but think sounds great fun for older kids!

cherylmc Mon 23-Feb-09 17:09:32

Did you get any more suggestions? I'm having the same issue at the moment

orangina Wed 25-Feb-09 15:37:18

Quite a few churches will rent out their church halls at the weekends too.... worth popping into your local to find out....

Michaelah Tue 07-Apr-09 18:41:00

The army museum is a good all-inclusive option, as it gives you private access - I don't really like the way in place like Gambardo the party is lost amoung the other punters.

For my crew I have 3 times now gone for a church hall plus entertainer. St Luke's church, in Sydney runs two halls: the Hall of Rememberance (sounds depressing, but don't worry - it is where Hill House has their kindi classes) in Flood street - very large, very light, hugely high ceilings, have to go downstairs to access kitchen and loos; and St Luke's Hall (in St Luke's street, behind the church) which is where Ringrose kindies and Rainbow play group are during the week - smaller but still plenty of room for 35+ children with tables etc laid for tea, with adjoining smaller room you can park some parents in and a ktichen with a hatch - for 3 year olds this one slightly better, but both fine. Cost is £120 for 3 hours.
For 3 year olds from experience Boo entertainment provide lovely entertainers. Really professional, dress in black and white so no nasty vulgar clown costumes and very charming mix of jokes, music, magic etc. http://www.booparties.com/private-parties.html don't be put off the the site being so top end and fancy - if you call they have straightforward entertainers too.
Also paintpots do full service (not food) craft-themed parties in St Mary's church hall, the Boltons - have been to a few of these and nice too, although room smaller.

wahwahwah Wed 03-Jun-09 16:43:56

Gambado. £12 per head and kiddie heaven! Try to get the 'Gambado Extra' for your slot which is the private room at the back for the tea. It makes life a lot easier and costs no extra.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now