Babysitting rates, what do you pay?

(6 Posts)
Sal73 Sun 06-Jul-08 10:14:31

Hi,
I ws just wondering what the going rate is for babysitters. We pay £8 ph (and I usually round up) but I noticed a post for a babysitter charging £10 ph. Would hate to think that we are underpaying our babysitters! What does everyone else pay? Thanks

jemmalou Sun 06-Jul-08 21:09:29

our babysittter asks for 8/h but usually end up giving 10/h so something around that is fine especially if you are rounding up. pays to keep them sweet i reckon so they'll be more inclined to help you out last minute etc.

Sal73 Mon 07-Jul-08 14:38:27

Hi
Thanks so much for replying & yes, I agree, rather pay bit extra to keep them happy
Thanks again for replying!

hillbilly Thu 10-Jul-08 14:15:49

Our sitter asked for 8-10 per hour so we give her 10. My dd adores her so I think it's worth it. And also she comes over from New Cross so I think it's only fair she gets more.

orangina Thu 10-Jul-08 14:32:23

We pay our babysitter £8/hour plus a taxi home. Our old nanny now charges £10/hour, which I don't think is unusual, but certainly pushes up the price of an evening out....

Sal73 Sun 13-Jul-08 11:31:08

Yes, we also pay for their taxi home so all in all does add a fair bit to the cost of the night out. Thank you all for replying, much appreciated

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now