Nurseries in the area

(11 Posts)
kitty1kat Wed 27-Feb-08 02:19:38

Hi all - I am currently living in Australia but moving to the Holland Park area in June. I've got a 5 month year old, and was wondering about nurseries in the area. Is it the same as it is in Australia - do you have to have your name down from the moment you conceive to have any chance of getting into a good nursery?! I am planning on going back to work three days a week and would be keen to get him into childcare at least 2 days a week (my MIL will have him the other day). Does anyone have any comments or advice?

slinkiemalinki Thu 28-Feb-08 23:47:52

Non-childcare nurseries (i.e. those from 2.5+, mornings only) are as you mention and extremely competitive here (particularly places like Acorn, Rolfes, Miss Delaney's). But childcare nurseries I think are more flexible. I know some friends had Kids Unlimited on Ladbroke Grove recommended to them although neither went through with the place in the end (and one enquired very late for a place for 2 days a week and they had one, although after a trial my friend decided to employ a nanny instead). Sorry fairly flimsy advice but noticed you were without a reply. You could also try the nurseries board as this board is v.quiet.

DeathwatchBeetle73 Mon 03-Mar-08 15:54:18

Hi Kitty,

We have used KU on Ladbroke Grove for over 2 years, and are very pleased with it. Not cheap, but then no private nursery in Holland Park will be!

Sal73 Tue 11-Mar-08 00:06:49

Hi,
We also have our son at that KU & we too are happy with it, as is he.
When I looked into it I didn't find that many childcare nurseries in this area, if you want a complete list you could contact Kensington & Chelsea council who should be able to supply you with a list of all the nurseries (& I think childminders) in the borough.
I'm Australian myself so know everything works a bit different here than it does back home & happy to answer any questions you might have.

Hillbilly Tue 06-May-08 13:18:00

Also have dd at KU Ladbroke grove for 2 mornings a week and have done for the past 2 years. She is very happy there and we are too on the whole.

kitty1kat Fri 29-Aug-08 15:26:23

(a very belated) thanks to all for the advice. As we have now arrived her, will check out KU and also look at the nurseries board. Cheers

kitty1kat Fri 12-Sep-08 22:14:41

In case anyone is interested, I checked out KU this week and was impressed. Have also met several people with children there and all are happy with it, which I guess is the best thing! He's starting in a few weeks...

hester Fri 12-Sep-08 22:28:11

Oh good, glad you got sorted kittykat. I was going to suggest Holland Park pre-school on Holland Park Road - I decided not to use it myself, but it has a good reputation and good Ofsted reports.

Welcome to Holland Park!

kitty1kat Sun 14-Sep-08 12:12:34

Thanks Hester - just before I confirm KU, did you mean 'Holland Park Pre-Prep and Day Nursery' on Holland Rd (which looks lovely and I think I might go and check that out too!), or is there another one I can't find?

hester Sun 14-Sep-08 23:15:01

Yes, that's right. There's also 'Holland Park Pre-School' which is actually in the park, but that's for 2+. Sorry to confuse you by getting the names muddled - the one you mention is definitely the one I mean.

kitty1kat Fri 26-Sep-08 09:23:43

it looks sooo nice -and is the same price as KU. Unfortunately booked out til Feb next year, but I think I may put him down for it anyway just in case! Thanks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now