Kensington Rainbows - fun & friendship for girls 5-7 in Kensington!

(2 Posts)
ejmacintyre1 Thu 23-Oct-14 21:34:44

Hi - I run a local Rainbow unit (think Brownies, but a little bit younger...) and we'd love to have more girls join us in our fun-packed sessions where we aim to Look, Learn, Laugh, and Love together while getting to know a bit more about others, ourselves, and a huge variety of topics and activities.

Our listing on mumsnet K&C is here: local.mumsnet.com/kensington-chelsea/afterschool-other/338031-kensington-rainbows

You can contact Eleanor on 2ndCentralKensingtonRainbows@gmail.com or 07906221737 for more info - it'd be great to see you! And do ask me any questions you might have about Rainbows, what we do, and just how fantastic it is on the convo... smile

chetuttovadabene Mon 08-Dec-14 10:05:15

Dr Carmela Franco BA (Hons), Master and Ph.D. (Oxford)

The most important single factor influencing learning is what the learner knows already. Ascertain this and teach... accordingly (Ausubel et al, 1978).

I am teaching Latin and Classical Civilisation in a London Academy for GCSEs.
I have excellent knowledge of the development of Latin within the curriculum of the UK school system. I have a clear DBS.

I can offer Latin and Italian lessons. I am able to prepare students, across the full range of age and ability, for Common Entrance, Scholarships, GCSE, AS and A2. I am available for one-on-one and small-group tuition.
I can also provide lessons in Italian to improve general conversational skills and listening comprehension skills.

I strongly believe that improvement in learning and academic results are also achieved as a result of regular and constructive clear feedback.

In my lessons, I use a variety of learning strategies, which include:
•Traditional grammar exercises,
•vocabulary tests
•Interactive strategies such as flash cards, puzzles and use of web-based interactive activities.
•I understand Spanish and French and I have found that making linguistic connections between modern foreign languages and Latin is a good way to help students to memorize vocabulary.

I would be happy to discuss hourly rates (very accessible) and my availability by phone (07858565642) or by email (carmela.franco@wolfson.ox.ac.uk).

'Per angusta ad augusta'

C. Franco

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now