Babysitting in hotel - Mayfair area

(9 Posts)
missholland Wed 13-Jun-12 23:04:33

Sorry, I was suppose to write Friday instead of Saturday;-)

missholland Wed 13-Jun-12 23:01:41

Hi, I'm a very experienced Dutch nanny(15 years experience) with great references and am available this Saturday, I'm registered, insured, police checked and have my first aid. I charge £25 for two hours and have my own transportation.

Esther
estherfeenstra@hotmail.com

footyfan Mon 11-Jun-12 16:04:55

That's great info - thanks.

The hotel have said they have a 4 hour minimum charge, I guess this isn't normal?

Frontpaw Mon 11-Jun-12 15:59:58

www.sitters.co.uk/cost.aspx

Frontpaw Mon 11-Jun-12 15:59:36

It sounds about right for London, although not sure why they would charge for 4 hours when you need 2. We pay about £15 plus a taxi home - sorry but shes just had a baby so not working atm!

http://www.sitters.co.uk/cost.aspx

These guys would work out cheaper to take out a 3 month subscription and pay the nanny direct! They charge (on top of £14-odd 3 month fee):

Babysitters in central London postcode areas

E EC N NW SE SW W WC

Weekdays: £6.15 per hour

Saturdays: £7.00 per hour

footyfan Mon 11-Jun-12 15:52:41

Thanks for the info. For some reason I cannot open the link - i'll try it on my PC later.

The hotel use an agency, just wondered if £70 seemed about right - or if anyone could suggest someone who might only charge for the 2 hours we need.

Frontpaw Mon 11-Jun-12 15:45:29

www.kiwioznannies.co.uk/babysitters.html

it may have been this one...

Frontpaw Mon 11-Jun-12 15:42:16

I would look for an agency if I were you - then you know they are all checked and insured. Ill have a look to see who my friend used.

footyfan Mon 11-Jun-12 15:37:42

I will be in London for a couple of days at the end of this week, with my husband and 8 month old son.

DH and I want to go out for a nice lunch on Friday, and need to get a babysitter for our son.

The hotel we are staying at have quoted £70 for 4 hours (we only need 2).

Does that seem like the going rate?

Does anyone have any recommendations for babysitters in the Mayfair area?

Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now