Childminder- offering flexable childcare N4

(2 Posts)
natashane Mon 14-Sep-09 00:23:43

My name is Natasha I am married to Chris and we have two children; Trisden aged 11 and Hayden 9 months I have lived in Islington Since 1998.

I worked as a Leasehold Services Manager, where I managed 24 members of staff until Feb 08 when I decided to become a ?full time mum.? Before the above job I worked with children in a number of different settings for 8 years.

I am a registered Childminder working in Islington

Kids Utopia Childminding Service is run by Natasha Nelson, Natasha has a wealth of experience of working with children of all ages, Natasha has been a registered childminder in another borough for 4years caring for babies from 6 weeks to children up to 9 years of age, Natasha has also worked as a nanny and a nursery nurse and has studied childcare and linked subjects such as child protection, children?s rights and took an active role in a social services inspection, as One of the SSI inspectors during her work for the charity Barnordos, where Natasha worked as a participation worker working with vunerable children and young people where she acted as an advocate as well as teaching young people their rights and helping them take forward complaints and issues which affect them to bodies such as Labour party, and senor management within social services.

Natasha then took a break from child care and worked her way up to senior management within Leasehold management, and although she enjoyed the challenges and learning that came with the job as well a the financial reward, Natasha never felt the same satisfaction as helping a child reach a milestone, sharing experience?s with other families, and just having the pleasure help play an important part in giving children and families the bases to build a utopia.

Natasha always said she would come back to child care.

Well she?s back and keen to create a Utopia for kids one that enhances learning in a fun and enjoyable way.
? One that works closely with the parents to tailor the service to meet each child and families individual needs.
? Supporting working families
? Studing parents
? Parents who need childcare to have couple time. Time out/ recharge
? Single parent families (I was once a single mother and understand the need for good quality childcare, to support many different situations.) as many of us don?t have extended family close by in the way our parents may have had.

? A service that Natasha her self would use and feel sure that her children were safe at all times.

? A service that updates parents throughout the day of their child?s wellbeing and activities, An interactive service to reassure parents that their child is safe and well cared for as if Natasha?s own child.

? A service that values the skills and knowledge of the parents/carers and tailors each child?s care around the wishes of the parents/ carers and needs of the child.

I have worked in the following roles within Child care

Nursery nurse

Childminder

Nanny

Barnardos working with vulnerable young people and children in care for two years, working mainly on children?s rights Participation and advocacy.

Trainer for foster carers in Hackney on Children rights and the UN conventions.

Aswell as a mother to two lovely boys.

My Qualifications

> Health and Safety
? Paediatric First Aid:
? ICP:
Btec in caring level 1 & 2
And I studdied the NNEB but failed to complete last module in 1997 due to tough pregnancy, although I use the theroy learnt in both my caring for minded children and my own.

I currently have vacancies for under 5's full or part time

I work on Monday- Friday 8am until 6pm.
I will work outside these hours on request with prior notice and agreement. Including weekends and overnight stays.

natashane Mon 14-Sep-09 00:26:21

I can be contacted by email at natashanelson996@msn or you can call me on 07917862184.

kind regards

Natasha

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now