N7 Mum and 2.5yr old needing social interaction

(3 Posts)
OddEyes Mon 07-Sep-09 00:11:49

Hello!
My son (2.5yrs) has just finshed nursery now that my maternity pay has finished after having my daughter (5 months) and so I am now in charge of providing regular social interaction with other children - arhh! I don't know any local mums with children of a similar age to Ds. Anyone have any ideas or recommendations for stay and plays etc?
Feel a little out of it after having relied on nursey these last few months.
We live in N7 but walk alot.
Thanks

TheBightyMoosh Tue 08-Sep-09 13:59:56

I also live in N7 but I'm back at work now - but when I have a rare day off with my 19 month old, I try and explore the area. It's not brilliant for places, but there are loads of places if you don't mind venturing a little bit. The playground in Highbury fields is lovely and always quite busy - and the 1 o'clock club by the bandstand is really nice - it's quite small, but they've got loads of toys and activities and I've always found everyone really friendly. There's also another nice 1 o'clock club in Whittington Park just off Holloway Road (towards Archway) - again very friendly, and they have little sing song sessions to get everyone invovled! There are also drop in stay and play sessions in the Children's centres - The Willows has one, as does Paradise Park - can't remember the days / times, but I think you can get them from the council website.

The playground in Finsbury park is great in terms of facilities - but I've not found it to be as friendly - but there's a 1 o'clock club there too (by the entrance to the park - not near the playground). I only went there once, and it seemed nice and reasonably well equipped.

Good luck - hope that helps.

milknosugarplease Fri 11-Sep-09 14:55:25

hiya, i nanny in the angel and am also looking for local "social interaction".
any helo appriciated!x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now