Zoomaround Closed

(16 Posts)
Amberjee Fri 05-Sep-08 12:57:14

Can anyone confirm the rumour that zoomaround in stoke newington has closed down? I am devastated if this is so.

frogs Fri 05-Sep-08 13:08:59

Pirates playhouse is much better imo.

glamourbadger Sat 06-Sep-08 18:35:29

I turned up last week and it wasn't open. No sign or anything, I presumed it was just shut for the day or the person opening was late? Cue hysterical children! I hope it's not shut, it's a bit of a Stokey institution.

Amberjee Sun 07-Sep-08 14:29:38

I'm the same, I'm too scared to go there with child in case it is closed ...

Amberjee Sun 07-Sep-08 14:46:03

Thanks for the tip frogs, we might try it this afternoon.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Sep-08 15:19:37

Nanny friend took my kids and her kids last week - think it was Tuesday 2nd and it was closed -I assumed it had closed down but maybe it was just closed for the day and we turned up same day as glamourbadger?

It was a breath of fresh air when it started so shame it's gone.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Sep-08 15:21:48

Nanny friend took my kids and her kids last week - think it was Tuesday 2nd and it was closed -I assumed it had closed down but maybe it was just closed for the day and we turned up same day as glamourbadger?

It was a breath of fresh air when it started so shame it's gone.

carriemumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 08-Sep-08 15:22:13

whoops!

Amberjee Mon 08-Sep-08 19:49:57

definitely a shame, but i always did wonder how they made any money ... hmm

bundle Mon 08-Sep-08 19:51:46

I remember going there once, one couple smuggled their cans of tennents extra in as they encouraged their child to go and play nicely shock

agree PP "nicer" but can only just about bear it in the mornings

Amberjee Tue 09-Sep-08 12:36:49

Sometimes I think drinking is the only way to not go crazy at soft play! wink

But seriously???

bundle Tue 09-Sep-08 12:46:51

amber, you could smell them a mile off, made your eyes water shock

Amberjee Tue 09-Sep-08 13:15:43

yeuchhh....

Amberjee Tue 09-Sep-08 13:15:56

poor kids really.

amwellgirl Fri 19-Sep-08 11:18:08

Not heard any rumours but I have taken to ringing before now to check they are open as they have. on occassion, randomly closed if it is a sunny day and they don't expect any punters.

Kind of a vicious circle as people won't show if it is haphazard.

fyi - there is also softplay at the sobell centre - cleaner that z or pp but no cafe just an area with vending machine.

cockles Wed 24-Sep-08 08:50:08

someone else told me it was closed last week, but nothing on the website - anyone else know? yikes!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now