Islington nurseries?

(13 Posts)
LRMadre Sun 08-Oct-17 17:19:34

Can anyone recommend good nurseries in Islington/Highbury area? I have spoken to a few friends who have different recommendations and would love to get an idea about the range of options available. Any good/bad experiences?

I'm 14 weeks' pregnant, and probably crazy to be thinking about nurseries so soon! But the ones I've found already seem really expensive...

Any thoughts welcome - thanks smile

Terentia Tue 10-Oct-17 21:52:09

Highbury Community Nursery might not be too expensive, although I've no personal experience of it.

There's a Facebook group called Islington N1 Mums which would be a good place to ask.

LRMadre Mon 16-Oct-17 21:09:49

Thanks Terentia! I will look up the FB group. Are you based in Highbury?

Terentia Mon 16-Oct-17 21:41:13

I'm further south, but often found myself in Highbury, as there's lot of baby and kids stuff on.

We used a children's centre nursery and were very happy with it but I imagine you'd be too far away, and they all differ.

CruCru Mon 16-Oct-17 23:52:56

Hi OP, you’re definitely not too early. When are you planning on using a nursery?

My children go to Beckett House (in Richmond Avenue), which I love. If you’re looking for somewhere that starts a bit earlier, friends really liked Highbury New Park.

RedIsBest Mon 16-Oct-17 23:55:02

We used Little Angels a few years back & liked it, as did several friends more recently but it is pricey. I've heard good things about Highbury Community Nursery but register early. Ambler might also be cheaper. I understand Finsbury Park has a few cheaper options but couldn't tell you how good they are. Also look at Aberdeen Park Nursery, a close friend sent her son there & liked it. Good luck!

Fuckit2017 Tue 17-Oct-17 18:14:56

I travelled from near Newcastle to London with a 3 and 8 year old. That was years ago though. And it was day tone not evening. If it was me I would just go for it. Then at least once your there your there and you and children can rest once there without the worry of more travel

CruCru Thu 19-Oct-17 12:50:13

One thing to mention is that nurseries do tend to be quite expensive. I remember being quite taken aback at how much they end up being. They have pretty high overheads and have to pay their staff so it adds up.

mostimproved Mon 23-Oct-17 08:04:42

Not sure if it’s too far (canonbury area) but my son went to Floral Place which was a lovely nursery and affordable too!

girlingerrupting Wed 01-Nov-17 21:04:22

Hopes & dreams but it's at angel. Very good.

MrsD28 Thu 02-Nov-17 08:51:13

If you are towards Finsbury Park, then I highly recommend Hornsey Day Nursery on Hornsey Road - my little boy is there and he absolutely loves it. It is also pretty reasonably priced - I think it starts at under £1500 per month full time.

Nurseries are very expensive - pretty much everywhere we looked in this area was around £1800 per month.

LightTripper Thu 02-Nov-17 14:01:18

A bit further away, but depending on where you are/where your commute is to it may work for you: two of my NCT friends used and loved Zeeba on Dalston Square (right by Dalston Junction station, a few minutes walk from Dalston Kingsland). Kids from there always look happy and well cared for when I see them playing in the square or using the library.

www.zeebadaycare.co.uk/location/dalston-square

TriJo Fri 03-Nov-17 15:35:50

MrsD My son is in HDN as well for the last year and is very happy there. Lowest price we found in the area.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now