N1 to Hampstead School Run

(7 Posts)
doubleespressostat Tue 24-Jan-17 21:50:01

Hi all, I was wondering for those parents who do the school run to Hampstead- how long does it take you? What time do you have to leave? My DD is starting reception at a prep there this September and just wanted to get an idea. Thanks!

LookingAtYouKId Wed 25-Jan-17 16:54:37

My heartfelt advice - use the tube / overground. Don't drive.

doubleespressostat Wed 25-Jan-17 17:14:43

Thank you Lookingatyoukid. I might have my 2 year old with me so public transport not really an option.. Starting to think this is a really bad idea!!

LookingAtYouKId Wed 25-Jan-17 17:23:25

Any chance you can find another parent to share the job with - so you each only do half / one trip a day? That would be well worth trying ime.

I did the journey for 2 years - Angel to Rosslyn Hill by tube and that was fine but still quite a fag 2 x a day.

doubleespressostat Thu 26-Jan-17 22:19:34

Thanks Lookingatyoukid. That's a good idea. I don't know any other parents who are doing the same but going to ask around at DD's nursery. The commute sounds a pain especially x2!

BrownSatchel Wed 26-Jul-17 18:36:00

Do-able but sign away your life or get a nanny to do it for you.

bobthebuddha Thu 27-Jul-17 10:11:44

I've seen a few parents with smaller ones in tow doing the prep-school run via Canonbury/Highbury & Islington to Hampstead Heath/Finchley Rd on the Overground, but I dare say it's a bit of a trek at the Hampstead end...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now