St Joan of Arc (Highbury)

(4 Posts)
verybookish Tue 24-Jan-17 14:18:10

Hello everyone! We are thinking about moving to the catchment area of St Joan of Arc (Highbury). The school looks great on paper. The performance metrics for higher achieving students are particularly impressive. Do you have experience of this school? How do you think it compares to other (catholic) primary schools in Islington and Hackney (St John the Evangelist or Our Lady and St Joseph)? Where do children usually go onto for secondary? DC is only 1, we would be moving primarily because we need more space but we would like to avoid having to move again for schools in 3 years or so. We tried to arrange a visit of the school, but unfortunately missed the open day in November. Any help from the amazing mumsnet hive mind greatly appreciated.

Parisbanana Tue 24-Jan-17 16:05:38

No experience of that school (though lots of other Islington schools!) but know there are quite a lot of Islington folk on mumsnet. So if you get no joy here, copy the post into the primary school section of the main mumsnet talk boards and make sure Islington is mentioned in your title! Think there's generally more traffic over there and am sure someone will be able to help smile

verybookish Tue 24-Jan-17 16:22:37

Thank you Parisbanana! I shall do that!

Threefourfiveagain Sun 12-Mar-17 07:07:45

Hi there my kids go to st Joan of arc and we absolutely love the school, it's fantastic. Would highly recommend it, lovely teachers great head mistress and deputies, the kids are well behaved, my children are very happy to go to school and are learning well. Hope this helps, I've never posted here before!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now