Pregnant mum groups or coffee mornings in Shoreditch or Islington...?

(124 Posts)
Peneloppe Tue 10-Jan-12 15:36:42

I was in Belsize Park the other week and noticed a coffee shop that held mum and bump mornings once a week. Does anyone know of anything like this in the Islington, Shoreditch or City area? I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, am keen to meet other local soon-to-be-mums like myself!

Twinklebella Fri 25-Jan-13 20:23:28

Hi there Dyeintheear lol - will be great if you can make Feb's meeting - sounds like you'll need a stiff cappuccino ! The venue is quite a gd meeting place for all so hopefully a few will be able to make it with the lil un. I'm hoping to organise a few other events re: ladies nights out as think we all deserve a few relaxing evenings without the lil un's or other half in tow lol ! There are a few fab comedy venues locally so I'll keep an eye out for some gd deals. Other suggestions most welcome smile

LAW343 Wed 06-Feb-13 14:14:27

Hi Twinklebella, I'm due in mid-March with my first and would love to come along and meet some local mums and mums-to-be, especially as I'm about to start my mat leave! I live in the Shoreditch/Hackney area but not too far! I will look out for final details of the February meet-up. Thank you! smile

Twinklebella Thu 21-Feb-13 13:11:27

Hi Law and co !
Hope everyone's doing well smile
Can you all let me know if you can def make this Saturdays meet up please ?
I'm bringing along a few books eg Gina Fords Contented baby, The Baby Whisperer, Raising boys etc . Please bring along any books you might have or magazines too .... just for a chat etc ! It's not a book club or book swap thou - just thought it might be fun chatting about what's out there ! Don't worry if you don't want to bring anything along as remember there's no pressure - it's just for relaxing & fun smile
Cheers m'dears !

Twinklebella Fri 22-Feb-13 17:24:42

Hello there,
Can you let me know if you can make tomorrow's (23.02.13)meet up please by the end of today /tonight (22.02.13) ?
If no one replys - I'll re-arrange it for March.
Thanks smile

LondonLindsey Tue 19-Mar-13 18:01:59

Hello ! Would love to be added to any meet up lists.
Am somewhat new to the UK and dont have any friends with babes sad
Weekdays in the day would work best for me.

Have a 12 week old baby girl and live in the center of Shoreditch.
Happy to host or meet somewhere.
xx

inreallife Wed 20-Mar-13 13:04:54

Hi LondonLindsey - there is another meet up happening at the end of the month. If you add yourself to the group list, you'll be kept update with the plans.

See: local.mumsnet.com/islington/group-meet-ups/islington

LondonLindsey Fri 22-Mar-13 16:44:28

Thank you ... I joined.

Does anyone know any groups during the week in the day though?

Xx

simona73 Mon 25-Mar-13 14:18:35

Hi Lindsey,

I live in Shoreditch too and I have a 6 month old boy.
Let me know if you want to meet up.

Simona x

orevero Wed 03-Apr-13 12:36:13

Hi everybody!
I just found this, and would love to come along to any upcoming meetups. I'm 38 weeks tomorrow, and based between Shoreditch and Dalston, but happy to meet anywhere.
Hope to hear from you soon
Veronica

LondonLindsey Mon 08-Apr-13 11:41:06

For those in Shoreditch I have found a few fun things:
Thursdays at 10am Nike sponsors a free Mom and Baby Bootcamp.
Fridays at Move your frame theres a baby/ mom high energy excercise group.
The Rich mix isnt maybe technically in Shoreditch but a couple min walk from Shoreditch House. They have jiggly wigglers and a mom and baby cinema !

Yes Message me and lets meet! x

Twinklebella Fri 24-May-13 22:23:08

Hello there Veronica & Katie and co.
Apologies for the delay in getting back to you all ! We've been busy recently as had an offer in for our property and now we are in the process of exchanging contracts & moving ! We're going to miss Islington sad . it's such a fab place but we're moving to Twickenham now smile Veronica has sent me a message saying she might be able to help organise a meet up for the 12th June as has Katie smile
I must say, it's been great being the mums net organiser for Islington & I'm hoping the Twickenham ladies will be just as fab too !
I'll send a message also on the local meet up page - and invite anyone else to possibly take up the mantle as the new organiser ? It's a casual thing so no pressure involved .... Just posting on line meet ups for the mums to have fun with their kids & create a gd social network !

Twinklebella Fri 24-May-13 22:28:36

PS If anyone else wants to suggest any other venues, please do so as the more suggestions the better !
Also feel free to post a message here if you'd like to help organise a meet up for 12th June or perhaps people would like to take turns in organising ? Get in touch with the mums net team as they'll run through everything - it's really easy, free, lots of fun & great for the babies, toddlers and mums too !
All the very best Mita Roy Twinklebella smile

Twinklebella Mon 27-May-13 06:24:08

Morning all ! Hope you've all had a fab bank holiday weekend so far smile
Had a few replies back saying the 12th was a gd starting point . The last meet up were for the George Shillibeer bar & kitchen off Calidonian Rd. It was a gd as the tube station has a buggy friendly lift so easy to get to for us all & the pub had a wide open place space with comfy sofa's .

http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/islington/business-guide/feature/the-george-shillibeer-pub--kitchen-

O'bird emailed & mentioned another place near Holloway :- Sacred Cafe.

http://www.sacredcafe.co.uk/locations_highbury.htm

So we have 2 possible venues now.
So how about a vote now - post a message to let NE know which one you'd

Twinklebella Mon 27-May-13 06:31:17

So how about vote ? Post a message here about which one you'd prefer and if you're up for helping to organise this one too please smile
We're up to our knee's in removal boxes at the mo & my lil Christopher is at that age now (14mths) where he lives climbing into everything ! Wow , they sure do grow up quickly ladies so let's make sure we enjoy it all & have a laugh with fellow mums along the way !
PS thanks, obirdy, timeforacoffee, orevero, kipp and co for messages too !

MonikaPaul Mon 07-Apr-14 15:27:35

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Dbtraveller123 Tue 02-Dec-14 18:05:16

Hi there, I'm a newbie mum and would like meet other new mums in the area. It would be great to meet up for some great coffee, walk and a chat.

gemltate Tue 09-Dec-14 20:47:23

Is this thread still active?

Dbtraveller123 Wed 10-Dec-14 09:02:58

Well it looks like no ones used it for a while, I just thought I would add a post to see if there's other newbie mums that would like to meet.

eleonora123 Mon 15-Dec-14 09:05:24

well I have a 6 month old boy so if you are organising a coffee maybe can join you.

Dbtraveller123 Wed 17-Dec-14 10:18:56

Hi there

Thats good, are you based around highbury/angel? Could meet up in january time?

Shimminlaura Sun 05-Apr-15 22:52:35

Hi! I'm 33 weeks pregnant with my first baby I live in Highbury and would love to meet some new mums like myself or excsisting mums as I'm utterly clueless! Did a meet up follow in from the discussion above!!?? Xx

MumToBe2015R Tue 16-Jun-15 00:28:28

Hello Shimminlaura, I'm the same boat here. First time mum to be so still learning bits & bobs. I'm also 33 weeks. I'm based in finsbury park. Where are you do to have your little one?

Dbtraveller123 Wed 17-Jun-15 19:31:29

Hi there shiminlaura. Yes I did meet up with another lady, my little girl is now 8 months now... Time has flown! We're happy to meet up if you don't mind her not being in the same age group.

Jobrien Mon 29-Jun-15 17:38:53

Hello All,
Our local group aim to arranging for a meet up among us Islington mums soon.

Planning to arrange our first meet up around 21-30th July and will follow up with more details next week, see Meet up tab for more detail later. All welcome, and feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now