Pregnant mum groups or coffee mornings in Shoreditch or Islington...?

(124 Posts)
Peneloppe Tue 10-Jan-12 15:36:42

I was in Belsize Park the other week and noticed a coffee shop that held mum and bump mornings once a week. Does anyone know of anything like this in the Islington, Shoreditch or City area? I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, am keen to meet other local soon-to-be-mums like myself!

ScottishGem Thu 06-Sep-12 22:16:53

Ooooh i would be interested in a meet up at Cally road as i live just off there.

katolla Sun 09-Sep-12 18:45:04

Scottishgem, same! I'm at the bottom end near the canal, you?

MARoy7007 Thu 20-Sep-12 15:48:05

Hiya, hope all well smile Do you have any possible dates ? Do you both prefer weekdays or weekends ? I'm v flexible ! Also any particular place you might prefer ? I thought it might be a gd idea to go for a stroll along the canal if possible ..... if the suns out and we can get some mild exercise in and fresh air !!

As mentioned, I'm flexible smile

MARoy7007 Thu 20-Sep-12 15:50:02

Re:- Caledonion Rd meet up smile

soder009 Wed 10-Oct-12 10:26:47

Hello! My name is Jenny, I'm 36 weeks pregnant - and expect our baby boy on the 6th of November. Sooo exciting (and a little scary ;-) My partner Chris and I live in Shoreditch and I'm hoping to meet expecting / new mums in the neighbourhood (Shoreditch, City and/or Islington). Any tips?

Georgia33 Tue 04-Dec-12 09:35:41

Hi there - I live in the Shoreditch area, and I'm 23 weeks - due March 31st. Hoping to meet up with girls due around the same time as me! I guess everyone else on this talk thread must have already had their babies? xG

Twinklebella Tue 04-Dec-12 12:15:01

Hello there all and welcome to the newer version of the meet up pages !
I'm the new co-ordinator of the islington meet ups and have already organised a few fab meet ups before smile

I'm planning a possible new year meet up at Caledonian Road now and will post more details regarding time and place soon. I'm also working alongside some of the mumsnet team in order to offer some great opportunities to review some events and shows so will hope some of you will be interested in that too ! Again more details on that , coming up v soon so keep your eyes peeled & watch this space.
As some of you know I have a lil Bonney boy Kristopher Harvey who's now 9months. I organised some meet ups here whilst pregnant and understand how wonderful it is to have a chance to chat with fellow pregnant mums or current mums in order to share experiences, have a giggle or just a gd ol moan and a glass of wine ! Please let me know if you're still interested in the Jan meet up as will be a fab way to welcome in the new year for us all !

Onaiis31 Tue 04-Dec-12 21:19:43

Hi I was told by Emma that you're the new ambassador for Islington? I was hoping to meet up with local mums who have babies in the age range of 5/6 months but if I look at the thread nothing seems to have happened with the group since last February. Bit confused! Let me know if there's a meeting as Emma suggested, in the new year (fsmile) thanks and happy holidays!

katoilla Sun 09-Dec-12 23:25:42

I'd like to come in January please! I'm 33 weeks at the moment and will start mat leave midway through jan.

Twinklebella Mon 10-Dec-12 12:34:47

Hi all smile Yes, I'm the new Islington ambassador smile
I planned a few meet ups earlier on but had my lil boy in March 2012 so was rather busy with new mum-hood lol.
I'm planning more organised meet ups in Jan 2013 now and think Caledonian Rd is a good starting point as has a lift so gd access for buggies or pregnant mums ! I've posted details on the other meet up page for Islington so please just post an interest there - so I've got an idea of numbers. Planning some fun & relaxed get togethers at least once a month so hop along - the more the merrier !I'll organise a few ice breaker games but I'm hoping as with the other meet up, we'll all have a few similar interests .....either tales of pregnancy or the joys and ups & downs of being a parent !
Hope to see you all soon smile

katoilla Mon 10-Dec-12 18:36:21

Could you possibly post a link to the other Islington page please? Should I be able to see it on the phone app?

Twinklebella Tue 11-Dec-12 14:45:30

http://local.mumsnet.com/islington/group-meet-ups/islington

Link attached as requested.
I'm hoping people will post their names onto the meet up page so I'll have an idea of numbers going in Jan 2013. I've left the venue as "to be confirmed" as I'd like details first of numbers and then will pick a suitable
place for us. I didn't drink any alcohol whilst pregnant apart from a rare glass of non alcoholic beer/wine
and stuck to decaff coffee & tea - however this time round for the meet ups I think it would be nice to go to somewhere that offers either decaff or a glass of vino for mums who are able to etc ...
The meet ups are all very informal, just a good chance to relax & have a laugh about life in general - it's good to talk as they say smile
They'll be fully dependant on weather thou as im sure none of us want to venture out in stormy weather so ill keep a track on :-http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/weatherlocation/united-kingdom/london/london.html?
location=816234&temp=C://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/weatherlocation/united-kingdom/london/london.html?location=816234&temp=C
The only thing I ask - is that you let me know at least a few days in advance if you can't make it please !! Its not a problem if the whole meet up is cancelled as I'll
just re-arrange another for later smile
All the best & remember to post on- line to say hi & join in smile

Twinklebella Tue 11-Dec-12 14:49:09

Ps think you should be able to view on your mobile. I had problems with the mobile site myself before but your best bet is to drop a line to Emma & co at HQ !

inreallife Wed 12-Dec-12 09:42:35

Hi all,
Mobile is almost there, just a few small tech tweaks to make.

You should be able to get to Local from Mumsnet by looking under the 'sections' drop down.

Then, in the local site you have the option to select 'Meet ups' and 'Group Meet ups'.

Try and ignore the fact that the heading of the page it takes you to says 'Local Talk'. (small tech tweak I was talking about).

I'm Emma by the way, (one of your local Islington Editors) - not to be confused with the lovely Emma at HQ.

Feel free to use the 'message poster' link if you want to get in contact. All thoughts and feedback very welcome - as we are running this site for YOU!

xxx

Klpp16 Sun 06-Jan-13 10:14:50

Interested in meeting up with future mums and mums of little ones. I am 23 weeks along and happy to help plan or just tag along for some fun.

Twinklebella Sun 06-Jan-13 13:50:45

Hello there Kipp16 & everyone ! Happy New Year , hope you all had a fab Christmas smile

I've put Wednesday 30th Jan down as the 1st meet up for this year . I can however change that to another day or Saturday if the weekend is better for people ? Just post a message here so I know who's interested in popping along & what dates people prefer!
We should be meeting at 1.00 at :-

The George Shillibeer Pub & Kitchen ,
1 Carpenter Mews.
Islington
London
N7 9EF .

You can view the venue on :-
http://www.thebestof.co.uk/local/islington/business-guide/feature/the-george-shillibeer-pub--kitchen-

You can get directions/map by checking the Islington Local Group meet-up notice board where I've placed the details of the venue & dates.
They serve coffee & tea and you can also choose to have lunch there if you feel peckish ;)
It's a lovely place & very near Caledonion Tube station.
As mentioned, please let me know if you can make it on this thread or send me an email to confirm & i'll email my tel no to you.
If January is not good for people then I'll organise the next meet up for Feb.

I'll be there with my lil un (now 10 mths) & you're welcome to bring along your bumps, babes or toddlers too !

Looking forward seeing y'all theresmile

katoilla Sun 06-Jan-13 21:40:21

Hi twinklebella that's two days after my edd so I'm not sure smile

Klpp16 Tue 08-Jan-13 20:15:32

Weekends work better for me as I work during the week. Would love to join, but will be working away on the 30th.

Twinklebella Sat 12-Jan-13 15:11:46

Thanks everyone for replying here & to me by email smile
Kat - Dont worry if you can't make it, good luck with the big day, remember to breathe deeply & hope to see you afterwards smile

I know we're all due for a bout of cold weather & snow so the Jan meet up might have to be put back to the end of Feb.
I'll keep an eye on these emails and reply to everyone by the 28th Jan to confirm if it's still on or if we'll just re-arrange for Feb . We'll keep the same venue thou so people won't get confused re: location etc.

Cheers, take care all & keep warm smile

PS Sonya - hope you can make the Feb meet up too as will be fab to see you with your lil un ESP as we first meet up bump to bump last year ! Lots to catch up on !

Twinklebella Sat 12-Jan-13 15:13:25

PPS - We'll stick to weekends too if better for all smile

SuAngel Tue 15-Jan-13 17:15:05

Hi There, I'm 14 weeks and would definitely love to meet other mums in the area. The only thing is that I work during the week so weekends would be better for me as well. Hopefully I'll keep an eye out for the next meet up and hope its a weekend. ;)

inreallife Thu 17-Jan-13 11:49:14

Hi SuAngel.
If you add yourself to the Islington group, in group meet ups, you'll get a message whenever a meet up is happening. This way, if you are free, you won't miss out.

Either, go to Meet-ups at the top of the page and choose Group Meet-ups/Islington or use this link.

http://local.mumsnet.com/islington/group-meet-ups/islington

xxx

Roxie93 Mon 21-Jan-13 17:22:58

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

Twinklebella Fri 25-Jan-13 12:29:03

Hi Su Angel,Kipp, Kat, Onaiise, Scottish Gem, Georgia, Roxie &
anyone else I might have missed smile It looks like the Jan meet up will have to be put back to Feb now due to the bad weather. I'll put the date for Feb up on the Local meet up page. It will defo be during a weekend at the end of Feb (23.02.13). Same time & location /venue as before. 

Keep warm, tuck up well and hope to see you all soon smile 

P's Roxie - You're more  than welcome to pop along too as im sure there might be some interest & will be nice to see you there !  

DyeInTheEar Fri 25-Jan-13 19:55:07

Thank you Twinklebella for organising - I'll add myself to the group and hopefully will be able to make an Islington meet up in February.

I'm also around during the week - I have six week old baby (DC3) & two older ones .. and finding myself either crazy busy at school run / nursery pick up times or just being alone with the baby and in desperate need for a coffee - so this local page could be godsend!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now