Pregnant mum groups or coffee mornings in Shoreditch or Islington...?

(124 Posts)
Peneloppe Tue 10-Jan-12 15:36:42

I was in Belsize Park the other week and noticed a coffee shop that held mum and bump mornings once a week. Does anyone know of anything like this in the Islington, Shoreditch or City area? I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, am keen to meet other local soon-to-be-mums like myself!

LBN01 Wed 04-Apr-12 10:27:30

Hi Ladies,

Just wondered whether you had managed to meet lately? I saw that the thread has gone quiet. I am now on mat leave yeah! So free for a catchup next week. Wednesdays are chocca for me with nct, yoga, midwife etc but can do any other day. If any of you areinterested let me know what suits!

Hope the two new mums on this thread are doing well x

LBN01 Thu 05-Apr-12 11:03:51

Sonja and I are going to meet for a drink/bite next friday April 13th during the day, venue TBC but likely to be Islington town centre, if anyone else is interested please let me know.

MARoy7007 Sun 08-Apr-12 23:22:07

Hi there ladies smile
Hope all well with you all !
I might be able to make next week (Friday) but Saturday might be actually better for me. Are you defo meeting on the Friday ?
Sonya - hiya >I'll email you & LB - hope you're enjoying the mat leave smile

All the best as always, mx

LBN01 Tue 10-Apr-12 17:51:50

Hi we are actually meeting on Thursday now, let us know if you can make it Mary x

MARoy7007 Wed 11-Apr-12 06:01:58

Hi there,
Don't think I can make Thursday but have a great time anyway smile
Mx

LBN01 Wed 11-Apr-12 19:05:51

All meeting in the food lab on Essex rd at 12.30 if anyone fancies joining.

Eleanor1000 Mon 23-Apr-12 13:39:46

Hi

please could you add me to the list - im only 20 weeks but would be nice to meet some fellow mums as non of my friends are expecting.

Eleanor

mimimou Wed 25-Apr-12 13:52:15

Hello all,
I am in Islington and 20 weeks pregnant and would love to meet up with other mums to be or mums & babies. Are you still having meet ups arranged?
Looking forward to meeting up
Maria xx

HilaryLDN Sat 05-May-12 11:49:39

Hi all,

If there's a list going, please add me as well - 27 wks along with my first, near Angel. (Or if you need help organising, let me know.) Would love to meet others expecting or with little ones!

Hilary

Pampoen Sun 13-May-12 10:26:03

Hello everyone. Is this group still going? I'm 19 weeks and would like to meet up with other expectant Mums in the area.
Sarah

Emz90 Thu 17-May-12 17:03:45

Message deleted by Mumsnet for breaking our Talk Guidelines. Replies may also be deleted.

fvle1979 Wed 23-May-12 17:29:33

Hi,

Can you let me know if this group is still up and running? I had my baby 4 weeks ago and keen to get out and about and meet up with anyone in the Islington area?

Fiona

SonjaK Wed 30-May-12 17:10:24

I would love to organise another meeting, but unfortunately I won't be able to anymore, since I'll leave to give birth at home outside UK. So I would suggest one of you new ones to just suggest a time and a place for the next meeting.

I will join again after my baby is born and we will be back here in August..

fvle1979 Mon 11-Jun-12 14:27:00

Thanks Sonia, anyone else still interested in meet ups. If so let me know. Thanks Fiona

MARoy7007 Tue 12-Jun-12 22:32:50

Hello there all ! I'm back - hope all well smile

Sonja - Bon voyage , good luck and best wishes with the delivery smile Hope to see you again when you get back in August .

Fiona, Congratulations , hope you enjoyed the first month smile
I'm defo interested in another social and can organise as before. My lil one Christopher Harvey is a grand total of 3 mths now smile wow doesn't time fly by ! I'm a new mum so am keen to get some socials organised with others
and share experiences smile

Let me know what days are convenient for you and I'll also post a few suggestions. Suggest we check the Met for weather forecasts thou as better to wait for the sun to come back out which I'm sure it will do soon enough !

At least we'll have sufficient time whilst it's drizzly to organise things and give others the opportunity to join in too !

All the best as always
Mxx

P's I've got some new free apps /newsletters from
BabyCentre.co.uk. - would recommend for tracking your babies progress over the months. They also have pregnancy apps which I found great too as a reliable source of info !

fvle1979 Fri 22-Jun-12 14:50:19

Hi, that would be great and I am generally free in the week so fairly flexible. Hoping the sun will come out next month which will make it a bit easier.
Fiona

clairbear74 Thu 28-Jun-12 16:00:45

Hi
Are people still meeting up with their little ones? :-)

MARoy7007 Thu 28-Jun-12 23:44:27

Hello there, lovely sunny day today smile

Yes, was hoping to get one organised for July now. I was waiting for people to get back if they were interested and we now have a few replies.
Next step is to ask which dates are convenient for all so just write back re: either a week day or weekend ? Suggest mid /late July and all dependant on the weather !

I'll then suggest a fab local place for us to meet, chat and have a giggle about our respective tales of pregnancy, mumsnet and motherhood.

All the best & let's hope for some more sun !
MR smile

MARoy7007 Thu 28-Jun-12 23:44:57

Hello there, lovely sunny day today smile

Yes, was hoping to get one organised for July now. I was waiting for people to get back if they were interested and we now have a few replies.
Next step is to ask which dates are convenient for all so just write back re: either a week day or weekend ? Suggest mid /late July and all dependant on the weather !

I'll then suggest a fab local place for us to meet, chat and have a giggle about our respective tales of pregnancy, mumsnet and motherhood.

All the best & let's hope for some more sun !
MR smile

ScottishGem Fri 29-Jun-12 00:08:53

Hi, i have a wee Girl who is 16 weeks and would like to meet other mums/mums to be in the area, will be watching this thread for any upcoming meets.

Gemma

MARoy7007 Mon 02-Jul-12 09:35:34

Morning all ! We've just had a glorious weekend of sunshine so looks like the summer has finally arrived smile
I've had a few requests for a weekend meet up for July's social so will suggest a Sunday as less hectic than a Saturday on Upper St or Angel !

Suggest the 15th July or the 29th which is mid July and the end of July which will give everyone ample time to respond to which day they prefer smile

I'll post venue details & times next - suggestions most welcome !

All the best and see you all soon !

IWTO Sat 07-Jul-12 12:37:58

Hello!

I have just started a Monday morning Mother and Baby craft session in my shop at 57 Amwell Street, Islington (very near Angel tube). This is aimed at mothers with young babies and is an informal session in which mums get to have a chat over tea and cake whilst doing some simple fun crafting. The first morning will be on the 23rd of July. If you're interested and would like to know more please have a look at the 'Clubs' page of my website: www.inwiththeoldme.com

Hope to see some of you there!

All the best,

Alice

SarahRose86 Tue 31-Jul-12 18:00:04

Hello mummies (and mummies to be)!

I'm Sarah and have just started an online toy store for babies (www.albertstoybox.co.uk). I was thinking of having a coffee morning at my flat on Liverpool Road (just off Upper Street) so that mums and bubs can see and play with some of the toys. If you are interested, let me know and I can try and organise something smile

Sarah x

SonjaK Thu 16-Aug-12 12:19:26

Hi,
I found this new meetup group http://www.meetup.com/Mums-and-Bumps/.

"Want to meet recent and expecting mothers in Islington? Want to be in a cosy environment but to get out of the house?

Join Mums and Bumps to meet other mothers-to-be in the local area. Mums and bumps is a social support group that welcomes recent and expecting mothers. We are here to share the struggles, joys and beauty of motherhood. - and each others great company smile

A chance to relax, enjoy a cup of camomile tea, devour a cheeky a slice of cake, chat and a laugh and make new friends with other expectant and recent mothers.

Meetups are free and we even have a retired midwife at hand should you have and simple concerns and general questions ;)"

I will go to the meeting next tuesday at 11.30 at Madam Chi Coffee Lounge,
187 Upper Street, London.

Maybe see some of you there!

Sonja

MARoy7007 Sat 25-Aug-12 17:53:59

Hello there Sonya, how's it going m'dear ? smile

I've organised & been on a few more socials via mumsnet - met some fab friends smile Must say your mums and bumps group looks good and seems like an established group ! I might not be to make this Tuesdays gp if the weather is still bad as don't want to catch a cold or get the lil un bunged up either ! He's 6mths now, we're weaning - he's already crawling and walking in his walker and still a cutie pie ! - Gosh they grow up so quickly !

I'm hoping to organise another meet up at Caledionian Rd after the bank holiday and when the sun comes back out.
Let me know how the Tuesday gp went, when's the next one and if you'd like to meet up at Caledionan Rd at all ?

Anyone else for Caledionan Rd ? Post a message/ let me know ......

All the best
M smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now