Pregnant mum groups or coffee mornings in Shoreditch or Islington...?

(124 Posts)
Peneloppe Tue 10-Jan-12 15:36:42

I was in Belsize Park the other week and noticed a coffee shop that held mum and bump mornings once a week. Does anyone know of anything like this in the Islington, Shoreditch or City area? I'm 31 weeks pregnant with my first child, am keen to meet other local soon-to-be-mums like myself!

LBN01 Tue 06-Mar-12 18:56:02

Glad you two managed to meet and that Sonya is taking over. Best wishes MX, hope all goes as you would wish.

Sonja and Nappymaestro, I'll be at yoga tomorrow eve so hopefully see you there- real name is Julia.

SonjaK Wed 07-Mar-12 22:28:35

Hello all,

We had a lovely meeting with Mita last week. I also met with Julia at the Life Centre yoga (which is wonderful by the way) tonight and we decided to get together next Wednesday 14 March at 8pm at the Tinderbox coffee shop (N1 Centre, 21 Parkfield St, Angel, London N1 0PQ), close to Angel station. It would be lovely to see you all there!

And congratulations Jules! It would be wonderful to see your little one in one of our meetings! The Tinderbox cafe should be suitable for buggies too:
www.netmums.com/islington/local/view/restaurants-pubs-and-cafes/cafes/tinderbox-angel

If you are able to join, just send me a message and I'll send you my phone number, so that we can find eachother without problems.

Have a lovely week! Take care!

Sonja

nappymaestro Wed 07-Mar-12 23:00:40

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nappymaestro Wed 07-Mar-12 23:01:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LBN01 Thu 08-Mar-12 10:45:20

Thanks for the tips Nappymaestro. Look forward to seeing others next wednesday.

Cheeser Thu 08-Mar-12 13:01:45

Hi everyone. LBN01 sent me this way! I am in Shoreditch/Hoxton but not far at all from SN so would love to come along if you'll have me? I am 21 weeks with first DC.

I go to pregnancy yoga class on Wednesday nights in Bethnal Green which finishes at 7:45 so I might be 10-15 mins late but can definitely come along next Weds. Sonja I will send you a message now smile

LBN01 Sat 10-Mar-12 19:21:31

Look forward to meeting you cheeser!
Sonja- this is the link I was talking to you about on the way back from yoga the other day:
http://www.islington.gov.uk/Education/childrenscentres/?utm_content=islington.gov.uk%7Creferral

biyboo Sun 11-Mar-12 09:15:00

Hi all mums to be.
I live in Islington, just off Essex rd. My due date is 28 March and almost all mums in my group have given birth. I am one of the last in the due dates. If any one would like to meet for tea/cake or lunch at Browns in Islington green(lots of space there for us and our bumps) I am free this Tues 13 March 1pm?
It has been so lovely to talk to other mums to be, as every pregnancy is different but you can always relate to others as they can to you.

If anyone wants to join me can you post me so I recieve an e mail as I don't always log on and check directly through mumsnet.

Be great to see/meet others x x

biyboo Sun 11-Mar-12 09:16:26

Oh and thanks Julia x x

MARoy7007 Sun 11-Mar-12 10:06:58

Good morning ladies, hope all well with you all!
Gave birth Friday 2nd March, lovely baby boy - Christopher Rueben Harvey smile
Wow what a week - no induction required as went ahead of time. Went to the Whittington at 7am and he arrived at 8.33am - very quick phew. Pat on the back for me as only had gas and air and a very useful Tens machine I bought beforehand.
Id recommend you all practise your breathing techniques for a more easier delivery - funny how sometimes you can forget how to breathe properly!
It really does feel like you're constipated inc. of the need to push - so don't worry/panic and remember it's your experience...... to enjoy !
I ended up quoting philosophy (Descartes) whilst "enjoying" the ol gas canister - it was such a surreal experience - and yes defo one to remember for life with a smile smile
Had some Epipos stitches so am now recovering from that & having fun with the lil un .
Tinderbox is a super fab choice - well done Sonja ! I'd luv to meet up again but as mentioned am in recovery mode so look forward to the next one !
It's so important having a gd support/ network gp around ESP during this amazing time in our lives so thanks to all for getting involved.

Ps Hope Browns goes well too - they have a lovely menu and great for Sunday lunches !
Pps - I've got the urban Quinney Buzz http://www.quinny.com/gb-en/products/strollers/buzz-3, and hope to also organise some long walks along the river with buggies later on in the summer ......to keep fit so let me know if anyone would be interested in that too!

Take care and keep in contact smile
Mxx
(Mita)

biyboo Sun 11-Mar-12 14:25:33

Hi all mums to be.
I am due 28 March. I am just off Essex rd islington. This tue 13 March 1pm I am going for lunch at Browns on Islington green if anyone wants to join me that's cool. Most of the ladies from my nct group have given birth now and I am one of the last ones. I can only do Tues this week x
Be nice to meet you if you can make it.

Sx

biyboo Sun 11-Mar-12 14:27:51

Just realised I have already posted this message. Am still on for this tues, browns and congrats Mita x

LBN01 Mon 12-Mar-12 18:29:38

Congrats Mita. Biyboo- i can't make tuesday, i work in Canary wharf so can't get back but enjoy. Hope you are feeling well still.

SonjaK Wed 14-Mar-12 08:34:35

I was also unfortunately not able to make it yesterday Biyboo. I hope you had a nice meeting.

Tonight we will meet at 8pm at the Tinderbox coffee shop (N1 Centre, 21 Parkfield St, Angel, London N1 0PQ), close to Angel station. There will be at least LBN01, Cheeser and me. See you there, if you can make it!

Sonja

julesfirsttimer Wed 14-Mar-12 14:22:16

Hi Ladies,
Lovely to see so many on here now, I am planning on coming tonight with the little man of course as im feeding so dont go anywhere without him!
He can be a little grisly at that time of night so hopefully he will behave himself, and it wont take us too long to get out, but as you will all soon learn its unpredictable!
Hope to see you guys tonight.
Jules

SonjaK Wed 14-Mar-12 15:31:25

Great that you will be able to join with your baby Jules! See you tonight!

Cheeser Wed 14-Mar-12 17:56:19

Hi, should still be able to make tonight but might be a bit late. If I leave yoga late or busses take forever I may abandon it as just getting so knackered these days sad

If I don't get there I'd still like to come along to another meetup. But like I say, I'll still try and make tonight smile

SonjaK Thu 15-Mar-12 10:48:00

We had a very nice meeting last night with LBN01, Jules, me and a lady from our pregnancy yoga. It was lovely to see your cute baby, Jules and hear your experiences of giving birth and nursing the baby. Tinderbox was also a cosy meeting place, although maybe not the most convenient for buggies.

It would be nice to make these meetings a weekly event. I would prefer a bit earlier timing, we met at eight last night because of our pregnancy yoga. For me a meeting next Tuesday 20 March at 6pm at the Tinderbox cafe would be ideal. Send me a message if you are able to join. I hope to see many of you there!

Enjoy the sunshine and have a lovely week!

Sonja

LBN01 Thu 15-Mar-12 13:35:28

Hi Sonja, Thanks for organising, I am not sure about tuesday yet- I have a meeting till 7- I will let you know.

Julia

SonjaK Sun 18-Mar-12 22:00:34

Hi everybody,

So far it seems like there will be at least three of us: me, Cheeser and Faye (from our yoga) in next Tuesday's meeting.

We will meet on Tuesday 20 March at 6pm at the Tinderbox cafe (N1 Centre, 21 Parkfield St, Angel, London N1 0PQ), close to Angel station. Welcome to join!

Sonja

Ellisimo Mon 19-Mar-12 16:22:57

Hi all! I live in Newington Green with my husband and I'd really like to meet other local mums to be/mums - I am only 20 weeks at the moment and am due 2nd August - we are expecting a baby boy and this is our first baby smile

I work in the daytimes in the west end but if you have a meet up that is in the evenings or at weekends I'd love to join you so please keep me posted!

Sarah xx grin

SonjaK Mon 19-Mar-12 17:14:50

Hi Sarah! Welcome to join us tomorrow at Angel if you like. We are meeting at 6pm at the Tinderbox coffee house.
Sonja

Ellisimo Mon 19-Mar-12 17:45:52

Hi Sonja!

Oh that would have been great but I won't be able to make it as I have to work late - defo try to make the next one tho!

Sarah x

MARoy7007 Tue 20-Mar-12 10:31:22

Morning all,
Just wanted to say thanks for the best wishes/congrats etc smile
Crikey - doesn't time fly by ! We're all doing well and I'm getting the hang of b/feeding now and finding the b/feeding thread on m/net very useful indeed !
Had a bout of engorgement and thought my glands were going to explode - splat !! Would recommend def emptying them often and to go easy on the electric breast pump in the early days- cabbage leaves on the breast also actually helpsmile I have a drop in b/feeding group at a local centre that I go to which is also very useful in these early days.
Hope you all have a great time at the Tinderbox tonight & look forward to popping along very soon to the next gathering.
Well done Sonya for organising smile
Jules - gd luck too with your lil chap smile
All the best xM

MARoy7007 Tue 20-Mar-12 10:33:27

Ps - interesting article in the mailonline ....
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2116676/Babies-fed-demand-better-school--good-exhausted-grumpy-mothers.html

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now