West London Free School

(11 Posts)
coffeecup16 Fri 03-Nov-17 21:54:30

Hi
I have a son who has just started here and I am very worried. It seems chaotic, dis-organised and the discipline is not as tight as I had hoped. I am beginning to panic. Do you think it will get better or should I pull him

ArcheryAnnie Sat 04-Nov-17 00:04:18

I sympathis entirely - but where would you pull him to? West London isn't exactly full of options for secondary school (unless you are rich).

TheVanguardSix Sat 04-Nov-17 00:05:25

The high school or primary, op?

Julessn Sat 04-Nov-17 13:07:04

Have you had support from the school when you've approached them about the issues you're worried about?

coffeecup16 Sat 04-Nov-17 18:54:37

Hi - we did try for private but he flunked the exam/ froze on the day. He seems happy there and I picked the school because I had read it was so strict, i thought evrrything would follow. Ee have gone from a well organised small primary school to a chaotic, secondary school where the discipline seems hit and miss. I am so worried and yes where would I pull him too. He doesn’t seem attracted to the naughty element but they are disrupting his class . One boy through a chair at the teacher the other day etc. This should all be dealt with at the highest level or the children should be kept in isolation but they aren’t. I do not know what yo do but have emailed the Head.

coffeecup16 Sat 04-Nov-17 18:55:35

Sorry for my typo’s ! No glasses! ‘Threw a chair’ !

SherbrookeFosterer Wed 08-Nov-17 22:34:32

I suggest to have a chat with Katy Whelan, the current Chair of the Governing Board.

She is new to the role but has been a governor for some time now and has two of her own children at the school.

Her email is: k.whelan@wlfs.org

MsGameandWatching Sat 11-Nov-17 11:12:12

Lots of parents I know are saying good things about Hammersmith Academy if you really feel WLF isn’t a good fit for your child.

Jules814 Sat 18-Nov-17 17:10:13

Did you get a reply to your email to the head, op? How are things now, a couple of weeks on?

coffeecup16 Sat 18-Nov-17 21:28:04

Good evening

I have not heard back from.the Head. I will push a bit more next week . I do inherently believe in the school and don't want to be reactive. I have taken advice from.other posters who have assured me that they felt the same but things got better. I have seen improvement in his work so I can't complain about that . It's just the discipline and the fact his class has all the trouble makers in it. I will contact the governor's next x thank you everyone

TheVanguardSix Sun 19-Nov-17 11:12:42

Mr. Bissoo is the go to guy, OP.
His email is on the website under personnel.

He'll respond very quickly.
He's a real asset to the school and I can assure you, he will be helpful and forthcoming.

Hope this helps. I think approaching him rather than the governors would be wiser. He's on site every day and it's his job to maintain discipline.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now