July - daytime meetup - Week commencing 21st July

(53 Posts)
MrsRecycle Tue 01-Jul-08 17:54:19

Anyone fancy a meetup? If so, let me know your location, preferable days as below..

MrsRecycle, Ruislip - Wed/Thurs

MrsBakerGirl Tue 01-Jul-08 19:50:05

MrsBakerGirl - Thurs good for me.

Ladyface Thu 03-Jul-08 12:22:46

Ladyface - am free either day at the moment

BlimeyOReily Wed 09-Jul-08 22:03:22

Hi there, I'm new to this area - I live in Eastcote. Do you have any suggestions for places to take my very active one year old? Is there a one o'clock club or something like that?

BlimeyOReily

MrsRecycle Thu 10-Jul-08 14:09:52

Welcome Blimey (like your name by the way!) - I'm not sure of any clubs but I may be searching for some in September when I become a temp SAHM so I'll let you know if I come across any.

Do you want to join us on the Thursday?

chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 14:27:20

Hello! Can I come?

I have me MrsRecycle before, but those of you I havent spoken to you before... I have a 6month old daughter. Would love to come to the daytime meetups. I always forget to check the local section! I am in New Denham, but happy to come to ruislip.

MrsRecycle Thu 10-Jul-08 15:36:31

Cause you can chloe! It will be nice to see you again.

Can't believe your dd is 6 months old - where has the time gone?

MrsBakerGirl Thu 10-Jul-08 16:50:27

Hi

Nice to see the numbers growing!

Hi chloemegjess - I have six month old twin boy and girl. Will be good to see you at meet up! Can compare notes!

chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 19:35:04

MrsRecyle - yes I know, time goes so fast! I guess she was only a few weeks old when you last saw her? She is such a monkey now, into everything already!

MrsBakerGirl - That would be nice, when were your twins born? That must be hard work! lol. My DD was born on 29th December, so just over 6 months.

Where were you thinking of going? I guess we have quite an age range to cater for! I am trying to think of somewhere!

chloemegjess Thu 10-Jul-08 19:36:33

Forgot to say, can do wed or thursday at the mo

MrsRecycle Fri 11-Jul-08 08:14:51

chloe - I was thinking of Waters Edge at the Lido - we can have a coffee whilst the older one's can play outside. I'm not really sure there is anywhere else we can go in Ruislip. Does anyone know of anywhere? Or we could just to to a park somewhere.

It looks like Thursday is the better day for me if that's okay with everyone.

BlimeyOReily Fri 11-Jul-08 10:54:15

Hello Mrs R and all. Would love to join your mother's meeting, thanks fior the invite. Thursday good for me. I'm guessing Waters Edge is a cafe? What time were you thinking?

MrsRecycle Fri 11-Jul-08 11:17:17

It's the pub/restaurant on the lake (near the car park). 1pm okay with everyone?

chloemegjess Fri 11-Jul-08 22:22:07

Yes that sounds good to me. Were you going to eat there or just have a coffee/play in park. Either is fine by me, just so that I know.

What time too?

MrsBakerGirl Sat 12-Jul-08 14:16:28

Hi

chloemegjess - mine were born on the 17th January! Seven weeks early!

I think I am going to get there about 12.15 and do 1 lap round the lido before meeting at Waters Edge. Did it with Ladyface a few weeks ago. Is a nice walk and takes about 30-40mins. Just might help mine to get off to sleep! I wont have DS1 who is 7 as he is at a sports club. So will be able to walk without him moaning about being tired. If anyone wants to join me let me know!

I am hoping to eat - they do a nice ploughmans!

LadyG Sat 12-Jul-08 18:26:32

Hi ladies-hope to join in although 39 weeks plus so also sort of also hoping not IYSWIM. In case I don't make it blimey the toddler group in St Martins Church Hall on a Friday is good and there are lots of groups including tumbletots and Amandas action kids on at Winston Churchill Hall in Ruislip. also loads on in Pinner-try the netmums Hillingdon site for toddler group listings. Pinner memorial park has a nice playground and of course the 'beach' playground at the Lido.
Anyway may see you all there at 1 if I am still waiting! (have DS1 nearly 3 as well as extremely ginormous bump)

BlimeyOReily Sun 13-Jul-08 09:01:50

Thanks v much, LadyG, will check out your suggestions. See all on Thursday. Should I wear a red carnation or will the buggy make it obvious!?

firsttimemama Sun 13-Jul-08 09:29:25

BlimeyOReily there is a 1pm Toddlers group on Tuesday afternoon in the Church hall of The Church of the Most Sacred Heart Pembroke Road - Between Ruislip Manor and Ruislip. It is very friendly informal group - no waiting list - attend as you like ie you don't have to go every week it's £1 per adult and as many children as you have and that includes Coffee and a biscuit. It is term time only though o you might have to wait unit September for it. Most of the other local toddler groups that I have seen advertised are in the morning and most have waiting lists!

chloemegjess Sun 13-Jul-08 21:50:57

MrsBakersGirl - my DD is a bit older then, she was born on 29th december - 6 days late!

My DD has a bright pink buggy so you should all know who I am.

Ladyface Mon 14-Jul-08 21:00:33

Count me in ladies!

Mrs BG - I think I will join you for a walk beforehand.

MrsBakerGirl Tue 15-Jul-08 10:11:48

Hi Ladyface

Knew I could count on you!

MrsRecycle Tue 15-Jul-08 13:49:55

So the roll-call is

MrsRecycle (bringing dds 10,7, ds22m)
MrsBakerGirl
Ladyface
BlimeyOReily
Chloemegjess
LadyG (fingers' crossed she will be otherwise engaged)

so 6 of us - that's good. for 1pm on Thurs 21st July at the Lido - I will be having something to eat.

Anyone else?

Oh and just check out my profile - there's some pictures of me so you can see what I look like (along with my LOs).

I've met most of you before (apart from Blimey) so will look out for you all.

MrsBakerGirl Tue 15-Jul-08 19:39:56

Hi - might have two others from Hillingdon coming. I have sent them a link to the site.

Looking forward to meeting you all - some again.

little1 Tue 15-Jul-08 20:06:11

Thanks MrsBakerGirl for sending me the link. I haven't been there before but have just looked up how to get there and it seems pretty easy. Wouldn't mind meeting before hand for a walk. Sounds like a very good idea.
See you then.

snagalpuss Tue 15-Jul-08 20:13:51

Hiya, Yep, I'll be there too! Thanks for the link. I'd like to do the walk round beforehand too if that's ok?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now