Primary School - Uxbridge or Pinner

(4 Posts)
Want2beBestMum Thu 15-Jan-15 14:03:25

We are planning to move to school catchment area as DDwill start school next year (2016). We have choice to move to Uxbridge or Pinner.

Uxbridge/Hillingdon has 2 good primary state school – Oak farm and Hillingdon primary

Pinner has lot more schools like Pinnerwood, Westlodge.

I am confused which would be a better choice. Experienced mums please help.

Since we are looking to buy a house in one of the places, can’t go wrong with the final choice.

Tia!

Killasandra Tue 03-Mar-15 20:31:54

Pinner's way more affluent than Uxbridge. I wouldn't particularly want a house near oak farm or hillingdon primary. I like being nearer to shops.

hillingdonmum Wed 18-Mar-15 21:21:43

hillingdon primary doesn't have a good reputation although its rated outstanding by ofsted. oak farm can be very difficult to get into depending on siblings, birth rate for the year etc. you need to live as close to oak farm school as possible to be in with a chance

kirin79 Sat 20-Jun-15 18:44:46

Hello Mums! I just moved to eastcote and want to know how to apply to schools in the harrow borough as I'm on the Hillingdon side of pinner HA5.
its late i know but we just moved here.my daughter is finishing yr 3.on a website it shows that coteford infant school is near by and cannon lane and others.could i apply for cannonlane, westlodge? and which are other real good primaries?is coteford junior school really good?i really want a very good school for her . She is 8. Will be in yr 4 in September. What's the waiting time like? Can i reject a school they give if i dont want it and wait for her turn to come if I'm put on a waiting list?
Sorry for the typos. Its difficult on a mobile.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now