Choosing a hospital

(2 Posts)
Gemmaw13pink Mon 10-Mar-14 19:42:03

Hi,
Does anybody have any advice regarding this please?
I have read the cqc reports for hillingdon, watford and Northwich park and based on these would be hesitant with choosing hillingdon or watford.
Does anyone have any recent experience or other recommendations?
Thanks in advance,

mrsjadelawrence Fri 14-Mar-14 00:04:41

I gave birth in September 13 at Hillingdon & I could honestly not fault it. Daycare staff are lovely & will aim to do their best for you & your baby, labour ward is brilliant & the midwives there really know their stuff, postnatal ward was ok, staff are supportive when you need them to be, if you don't ask, you don't get, all departments are understaffed so you end up waiting around a lot, but the care I received was really good. I would also recommend being under the care of consultant Ms Penny Law, herself & the others on her team are lovely ladies who really do care, I would also like to add that I am a mother of 5, 3 of my children were born at Hillingdon hospital in 1995, 2011 & 2013, 1, was born at home under the care of hillingdons community midwives in 1995 & my first was born at the Portland in 1989. I am not someone who suffers fools gladly & now as an older mum, made it clear what I wanted & expected, I was not disappointed & was supported by my consultant. However I found the community midwives with baby no 4 & 5, haphazard & not very supportive which was a different experience when I had my 3 rd child at home in 1995. Hope some of my waffle helps!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now