Inverness MNers again!

(45 Posts)
IAteMakkaPakka Fri 21-Nov-08 21:23:48

I might have a few days off at the start of December, I can't remember when exactly (!)but will find out next week. Any takers for another mini meet? Might be more suitable for those who've been unable to make previous ones

Flier Fri 28-Nov-08 08:16:14

but Twinkle, there is always the cafe at bogbain - if memory serves me correctly there are toys there, i'm sre the dc's will be happy.

Flier Sun 30-Nov-08 16:04:13

bump for weekender mumsnetters in the inverness area.

** We are having a wee meet-up at bobgain, 10am Friday 5th December **

Come along and see if we can beat our record of 3 highland mumsnetters in one room at a time grin

Please post if you'd like to come along

IAteMakkaPakka Sun 30-Nov-08 19:20:16

Blimey, yes, we'll have to inform Guinness if we're likely to beat 3 at once! grin

Flier Sun 30-Nov-08 21:28:10

grin indeed, makkapakka, are you changing your name for christmas btw?

IAteMakkaPakka Mon 01-Dec-08 20:26:53

I may, if I can think of something suitable

Flier Wed 03-Dec-08 16:16:56

getting a bit nervous re our meet-up what with weather forecasts, set to be tonight sad

IAteMakkaPakka Wed 03-Dec-08 21:17:56

I was thinking this too. We'll see what Friday brings. Radio Scotland said the weather warning applies from midnight tonight until noon tomorrow. 8" forecast though! [dons balaclava]

Flier Thu 04-Dec-08 16:33:03

who got snow this morning then? we have none!!

IAteMakkaPakka Thu 04-Dec-08 20:21:07

We had none but it's falling fairly fast ow . DP has also got some work lined up for the morning which will mean I am carless unfortunately so I will have to leave you girls to it - we can try for the record another time maybe?! Sorry

IAteMakkaPakka Thu 04-Dec-08 20:22:34

now

sorry, eating dinner while posting and trying to get out the door again [frazzled]

Flier Thu 04-Dec-08 20:27:59

that probably means its headed our way too sad

Pity you can't make it, makkapakka

haven't seen twinklemagan around though, are you around, twinklemegan?

Twinklemegan Thu 04-Dec-08 22:17:15

Hello. Yes I'm around. We've had snow all week, and given our location I was expecting to be snowed in this morning. But nothing! And DH says it's raining now - could make for ice in the morning, not nice on our hill sad.

What do you want to do Flier? Still meet up at Bogbain, or try somewhere else? I have to go to Wickes anyway so I'm quite happy to go somewhere indoors. Or do you want to postpone until MakkaPakka can make it?

Do you want to CAT me your phone number? Then if I'm iced in tomorrow morning I can let you know. smile

IAteMakkaPakka Fri 05-Dec-08 08:26:01

It looks like it's all thawing this morning so if I'd had the car I would have been coming Have a nice day though you two Hope your DCs enjoy themselves!

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 09:03:30

twinkle, am I too late to catch you? we could meet at brewsters..........jsut popping out to school,

Twinklemegan Fri 05-Dec-08 09:56:48

Flier. I tried to CAT you a while ago. I'm iced in! My internet's been down most of the morning - it's just come back again just now. I'll phone BB - assuming you're there? I'm so sorry!

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 10:26:38

phewww so glas you didn't make it (in a way) as I have had a bit of a morning! and haven't made it out yet sad
sorry you're iced in, though

hope to meet up some time soon
x

ps no CAT as yet - they can take ages, can't they smile

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 10:51:35

just wondering if you phoned bb and asked for flier pmsl!

IAteMakkaPakka Fri 05-Dec-08 15:19:13

I am roffling at thought of the call

"Hello Bogbain Farm, can I help?"
"Hi, my name's Twinklemegan, I was wondering if Flier is with you?"
"Er, sorry?"
"You know, off Mumsnet?"
"..."

We went to P&T instead and now DS is doing the biggest most mammoth sleep ever. I should be cleaning ... blush

We'll manage another time, I hope

Flier Fri 05-Dec-08 16:05:15

aww twinkle, i'm just home and your cat arrived some time after 12 sad. did you go in the end?

Twinklemegan Fri 05-Dec-08 21:13:57

Lol. I did actually try Bogbain twice but there was no reply. I don't quite know what I'd have said if they'd answered..

"Is there a lady there with children who looks like she's waiting for someone?"
"How many children?"
"Erm, dunno"
"What's her name?"
"Erm, dunno"
"Well what's your name?"
"Well, she won't know me" etc.

PMSL! Good thing they didn't answer!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now